I once preferred Harrison's but I notice a change for the better in this cloth. Not as stiff as before. This is a great color. Making two DB's and one SB in this cloth at present.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 512
But you're right that it is pretty dark. It has some black threads in it, which I really like. It's chameleon-like in that it looks like a rich brown in bright light and charcoal gray at night. Makes it very versatile.
There's a fabric like this in the 11 oz. Lesser Golden bale. I have a SB suit made up in it (wore it today, actually.) It looks greyer in dimmer light, or if I wear a white shirt; it looks browner in brighter light or if I wear a light blue shirt. I like it a lot.
I've got 2 mentions for Huddersfield Cloth .com on SF. I am curious if there are any more people here who've bought fabric from them. I am looking at some of their "Sales" all wool fabrics.
So I thought the following websites belong to the same BRAND and realized they do not.
I am guessing J&J was bought by Hardy and then by Huddersfield? How did these brands consolidate?
- Huddersfield Fine Worsteds - https://hfwltd.com - The people who make Fresco - Hardy Minnis / J&J Minnis? - Manufacturer
- Huddersfield Cloth - http://www.huddersfieldcloth.com/about.asp - Dealers/ Traders
- Are they reliable source of fabric as well? They have some nice "Sales Specials" going on. Anyone had any experiences with them? Thoughts?
If you e-mail Huddersfield Cloth (I think that the contact e-mail for the cloth offers is mentioned on their Facebook page or website somewhere - it's something like "gcourtnell - at - huddersfield.com", although I could be wrong) and mention the cloth that you are interested in, they will let you know whether it is still available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They are happy to post overseas, and they used DHL to send the cloth to me. Obviously, having the cloth sent from the UK to somewhere overseas entails a higher cost, but they deduct VAT from the cost of the cloth which does help to offset the shipping cost.
Regarding Huddersfieldcloth.com, Lynne Mears from Bespokemears spoke with them on my behalf. Apparently, they "did work for Dugdales and started their own business." I did have a jacket made from some of their cloth. I am satisfied with it's quality. Pics were posted in the tweed thread on this forum. Furthermore, I did buy some of their sale cloth. It is currently sitting with my tailor to be made into a 2B SB jacket. He seemed satisfied with the quality of the cloth, but that is before having worked with it. I haven't spoken with him since.
Had a fitting yesterday for a Fox Flannel navy chalk stripe. My first chalk stripe suit actually. It's a DB being made by Steed. Will post photos in A&S thread as Matthew took some that he'll email to me. Seems like a great fabric. Not too heavy and not too light. For a woollen flannel it's a bit smooth right now which I suspect will get more rough after a few wears.
To be creepy, I think I saw you leaving Steed on Monday. I was walking in, you were walking out. Took me a second to realize it, otherwise would have said hello.
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 11 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition 12 minutes ago
- › 2016/2017 Flannels !! Suggestions?... 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...