I once preferred Harrison's but I notice a change for the better in this cloth. Not as stiff as before. This is a great color. Making two DB's and one SB in this cloth at present.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 512
But you're right that it is pretty dark. It has some black threads in it, which I really like. It's chameleon-like in that it looks like a rich brown in bright light and charcoal gray at night. Makes it very versatile.
There's a fabric like this in the 11 oz. Lesser Golden bale. I have a SB suit made up in it (wore it today, actually.) It looks greyer in dimmer light, or if I wear a white shirt; it looks browner in brighter light or if I wear a light blue shirt. I like it a lot.
I've got 2 mentions for Huddersfield Cloth .com on SF. I am curious if there are any more people here who've bought fabric from them. I am looking at some of their "Sales" all wool fabrics.
So I thought the following websites belong to the same BRAND and realized they do not.
I am guessing J&J was bought by Hardy and then by Huddersfield? How did these brands consolidate?
- Huddersfield Fine Worsteds - https://hfwltd.com - The people who make Fresco - Hardy Minnis / J&J Minnis? - Manufacturer
- Huddersfield Cloth - http://www.huddersfieldcloth.com/about.asp - Dealers/ Traders
- Are they reliable source of fabric as well? They have some nice "Sales Specials" going on. Anyone had any experiences with them? Thoughts?
If you e-mail Huddersfield Cloth (I think that the contact e-mail for the cloth offers is mentioned on their Facebook page or website somewhere - it's something like "gcourtnell - at - huddersfield.com", although I could be wrong) and mention the cloth that you are interested in, they will let you know whether it is still available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They are happy to post overseas, and they used DHL to send the cloth to me. Obviously, having the cloth sent from the UK to somewhere overseas entails a higher cost, but they deduct VAT from the cost of the cloth which does help to offset the shipping cost.
Regarding Huddersfieldcloth.com, Lynne Mears from Bespokemears spoke with them on my behalf. Apparently, they "did work for Dugdales and started their own business." I did have a jacket made from some of their cloth. I am satisfied with it's quality. Pics were posted in the tweed thread on this forum. Furthermore, I did buy some of their sale cloth. It is currently sitting with my tailor to be made into a 2B SB jacket. He seemed satisfied with the quality of the cloth, but that is before having worked with it. I haven't spoken with him since.
Had a fitting yesterday for a Fox Flannel navy chalk stripe. My first chalk stripe suit actually. It's a DB being made by Steed. Will post photos in A&S thread as Matthew took some that he'll email to me. Seems like a great fabric. Not too heavy and not too light. For a woollen flannel it's a bit smooth right now which I suspect will get more rough after a few wears.
To be creepy, I think I saw you leaving Steed on Monday. I was walking in, you were walking out. Took me a second to realize it, otherwise would have said hello.
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › BNWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Anthony GREY Suit (38/48R jacket +... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 13 minutes ago
- › BNWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Anthony CHARCOAL Suit (38/48R jacket... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 17 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 18 minutes ago
- › NWT Brian Dales Military Green Unlined Blazer Size 46 (IT) = 36 (US) 37 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 42 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding