or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 511

post #7651 of 10769
Minnis requires a commercial size minimum order for patterned frescos, if you recall I attempted this project a while back to no avail.
post #7652 of 10769
Well, I'm a farmer and I would totally make up the tobacco as a suit.


In fact I will!
post #7653 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Minnis requires a commercial size minimum order for patterned frescos, if you recall I attempted this project a while back to no avail.

 

Sorry, I wasn't avare of your project – if it's in the same colours as I proposed I'm obviously game :) What weight would the Minnis fresco be in? Alternatively we could contact Lovat and enquire about a limited edition run, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to do a run for less than 60 meters :eh:

 

Cheers,

SKM

post #7654 of 10769
If my memory serves me correctly, they wanted 1000m minimum for a patterned fresco. Perhaps things have changed, I haven't bothered to check back. Hopefully can get this flannel project off the ground soon.
post #7655 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

If my memory serves me correctly, they wanted 1000m minimum for a patterned fresco. Perhaps things have changed, I haven't bothered to check back. Hopefully can get this flannel project off the ground soon.

I take 2 meters - only 499 jacket lengths to go... biggrin.gif
post #7656 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

The one on the left is a bit more blue, and cooler. I like it, but in an urban winter it will make your oxblood shoes look a lot more red than they're used to appearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

I would go with whichever one you think will suit your complexion better.

Thanks gents. I'm leaning towards the Harrisons for both the reasons noted above.

Also, I found this pic of Jeremy Hackett's flannel suit made up in the Fox:

12_266_s.jpg

Always helpful to see the fabric made up and now I much prefer the Harrisons.
post #7657 of 10769
Thread Starter 
not that there is anything wrong with hacket's suit, but a shade lighter is a nicer and more useful color, IMO. It's basically a day suit so no need to go quite that dark. Dark is better on worsteds anyway.
post #7658 of 10769
Alright, we're at 42.5m, though I'd happily take an extra 2.5m to make this happen, so let's say 45m. Now just 15m to go, and we should be able to commission this run.

I personally think a solid brown would make for a great sport coat, especially in the summer. Here's Vox in a brown odd jacket. The color is similar to what I'm shooting for.

post #7659 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

not that there is anything wrong with hacket's suit, but a shade lighter is a nicer and more useful color, IMO. It's basically a day suit so no need to go quite that dark. Dark is better on worsteds anyway.
agreed, lighter is better.

beautiful suit though.
post #7660 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Alright, we're at 42.5m, though I'd happily take an extra 2.5m to make this happen, so let's say 45m. Now just 15m to go, and we should be able to commission this run.

I personally think a solid brown would make for a great sport coat, especially in the summer. Here's Vox in a brown odd jacket. The color is similar to what I'm shooting for.

I'm pretty sure this is actually the dark brown Fresco in their standard book just in bright sunlight with perhaps a bit of photo editing. I agree that this color as seen in the photo is quite nice.
post #7661 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

I'm pretty sure this is actually the dark brown Fresco in their standard book just in bright sunlight with perhaps a bit of photo editing. I agree that this color as seen in the photo is quite nice.

I think you're right. I assume you mean the 518? In person, it's really dark. Almost close to black. I'd like to get the same color in Vox's photo, but from the outset.

Also, we're at 48.5m now!
post #7662 of 10769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


I think you're right. I assume you mean the 518? In person, it's really dark. Almost close to black. I'd like to get the same color in Vox's photo, but from the outset.

Also, we're at 48.5m now!

 

 

Whats the price on this?

post #7663 of 10769
I haven't checked with HFW yet, as I'd like to see if we even have enough interest on this board, but I imagine it's the same as what they regularly charge for their Frescos, or what Slewfoot was quoted. I believe that was ~$60 or $70/ meter? Slewfoot can let me know if I'm mistaken.
post #7664 of 10769
Have the H&S version of the dark brown fresco and I wear it a ton. Light weight enough for spring and all but the hottest days of summer while also good through the end of September!
post #7665 of 10769
I’m looking for a worsted in a gray-brown color (hard to describe, but those who have seen it will know what I’m talking about). Preferably 10-12oz.

Any suggestions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread