Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 482
it will be a good alternative to a pair of rough-wear jeans.
Almost every cloth house has a hopsack in a book or two at different weights. Holland & Sherry, Smiths, Harrison's, Harrison's Premier Cru has an 11 ounce version. All these are limited to a few colors and shades. Mainly navy and grey. Gladson has a few this season and show more colors in the new Minnis sample book.
I didn't care for the Scabal I tried, cloth qulity was ok but had too much sheen. Prefer the matte look on hopsack.
Which Holland and Sherry books have hopsacks? I don't recall seing any navy ones in the Intercity book my tailor has (and I was expecting to find some there).
Will you say the Rangoon range is the optimum fabric for south east china weather? It seems you are a great fan of them. May I find out more information?
I am sorry if the above question has been raised before.
The one I just used is from the Classic Worsted book, HS1165, 13 ounce. There are a dozen colors of 11 ounce hopsack in the Force 10 Merino Plains book HS1196
There really isn't anything you can do short of standing over the guy's shoulder and prodding him as he sews and irons. And to do that, you'd have to be a heck of a tailor yourself.
If you don't really trust him, don't give him a very expensive cloth that is will - from everything I've heard - clearly display any and all tailoring missteps.
I picked up a couple of lengths of Rangoon when Minni's were selling it at £16/m - navy blue and a b/w houndstooth. It's pretty good. What was even better though was the Airbourne acquired around the same time - drapes better than the Rangoon despite being lighter weight.
I am curious if anyone has any experience with cloth from B.Black and Sons in LA. They seem to stock quite a range of relatively inexpensive cloth. Has anyone here ordered from them in the past and or present? Any thoughts, experiences?
I am mostly interested in the tweeds.
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 10 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones 11 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 12 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...