Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 5/2/16 at 9:20am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 482
it will be a good alternative to a pair of rough-wear jeans.
Almost every cloth house has a hopsack in a book or two at different weights. Holland & Sherry, Smiths, Harrison's, Harrison's Premier Cru has an 11 ounce version. All these are limited to a few colors and shades. Mainly navy and grey. Gladson has a few this season and show more colors in the new Minnis sample book.
I didn't care for the Scabal I tried, cloth qulity was ok but had too much sheen. Prefer the matte look on hopsack.
Which Holland and Sherry books have hopsacks? I don't recall seing any navy ones in the Intercity book my tailor has (and I was expecting to find some there).
Will you say the Rangoon range is the optimum fabric for south east china weather? It seems you are a great fan of them. May I find out more information?
I am sorry if the above question has been raised before.
The one I just used is from the Classic Worsted book, HS1165, 13 ounce. There are a dozen colors of 11 ounce hopsack in the Force 10 Merino Plains book HS1196
There really isn't anything you can do short of standing over the guy's shoulder and prodding him as he sews and irons. And to do that, you'd have to be a heck of a tailor yourself.
If you don't really trust him, don't give him a very expensive cloth that is will - from everything I've heard - clearly display any and all tailoring missteps.
I picked up a couple of lengths of Rangoon when Minni's were selling it at £16/m - navy blue and a b/w houndstooth. It's pretty good. What was even better though was the Airbourne acquired around the same time - drapes better than the Rangoon despite being lighter weight.
I am curious if anyone has any experience with cloth from B.Black and Sons in LA. They seem to stock quite a range of relatively inexpensive cloth. Has anyone here ordered from them in the past and or present? Any thoughts, experiences?
I am mostly interested in the tweeds.
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts