Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/23/16 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 467
Baird McNutt, Spence Bryson, John England, Emblem Weavers
I think it was discussed early in this thread that it was Ulster Weavers although they sell to italian shop under a different name part if the same group. They won't sell cut lengths directly anymore because of LL telling them not to... You can also buy their linen through Emma Willis, or so I was told by a guy that discuss this with them.
To be fair you can buy similar Irish linen by many other sources even cheaper. Already at 40 euro I would rather buy G&R finest linen, that is way better then anything coming out of Ireland (I own a length of it ready to be made up in a fantastic business shirt) or Riva linen blends. I should pick up two shirts I got made in two weeks, one in Riva and the other in UW linen, and will post picture for comparisons.
I'm not a fan of very light shirtings due to possible issues with show-through of body hair or skin but would like to hear how you get on.
- Not sure what you mean by 'reinforced'?
- Started w/ the heavier cloths, but have since had it on 10oz. suitings as well
- Held up well - had my first pair w/ this design delivered over 3 years ago, and it's been used often w/ no issues
I will definitely do the navy as SB with two patch pockets, 3-roll-2. Not sure if I will do the pants with one forward pleat or not, leaning towards not. As with all my pants, they will have belt loops.
The glenplaid I am leaning towards SB with flap pockets, 3-roll-2 and likely a forward pleat on the pants.
I want to get a navy flannel suit, but something tells me I should get something a bit more vanilla right now as the only truly navy suit I have is a fresco 8/9oz for the summer, and a more rakish peaked lapeled thing. I love flannel so much, but I constantly worry about having to be in a formal setting like an interview and not being totally appropriate. I might be over thinking.
One would usually know about an interview a bit in advance and be able to plan one's outfit accordingly, right? Just have a grey worsted that you wear for interviews. Of course if this is a practical "I want a flannel suit but really should have a navy suit that I can wear in winter at some point" voice rearing its ugly head sort of thing, maybe try something in a 13-16 ounce navy wosted depending on your heat tolerance.
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ties (Drake's, Panta, Hermes, HY) 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cigars 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding