or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 457

post #6841 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I would love a suit in that navy seersucker.

 

+1, would be awesome. Wish I had found something like that instead of the blue and white stripes. Maybe for next summer...

post #6842 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

As an aside, I wish Dopey would post more.
Thanks. Happy to, when I have something to say.
As for the standings, I think I have about a dozen, maybe less, of suiting lengths, and a bit more in shirting lengths. That seems like a lot in absolute terms, but it is small change in relative terms given some of the hoarders out there.
post #6843 of 11373
In addition to these tweeds, I have around 4 suit lengths, around 14 trouser lengths and a few odd things for vests. No shirtings.

TRINI - the barleycorn is the LL brown and cream and the bottom left is a random fabric where I have a cap from it and hunted down the maker in the UK. Seems to be a 13oz shetland of some sort, but not even positive.
post #6844 of 11373
Thread Starter 
I have about 40 pieces. I know a guy who has hundreds.

I am trying to work through mine. I gave four pieces to Solito 2.5 years ago and then never saw him again.

Last couple of orders, through Steed, was their cloth however,.
post #6845 of 11373
Solito just posted that he is returning. Did you see the post?
post #6846 of 11373
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Solito just posted that he is returning. Did you see the post?
no
post #6847 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

So what is the score card? Is Manton still ahead in the unfunded liabilities count? I was also under the impression that dopey may have a considerable stash too.

I have one coat length that is unfunded with two more suit lengths on the way. I also have four unfunded shirt lengths.

Where is everyone else?

In house at the moment:
Two suit lengths (one London Lounge Brisa PoW, one Fox Flannel navy chalkstripe)
Five jacket lengths (one grey/blue cashmere PoW, one indigo linen, two Riviera summer jacketings - I could be persuaded to part with one of them - and a beige houndstooth Worsted Alsport.
On order: one hemp/wool jacket length, courtesy of Badsha.
Off to the tailor: one jacket length of navy Fox worsted flannel
post #6848 of 11373
6 suitings, 5 sportcoatings (4 tweeds, 1 linen), 2 overcoatings, 1 khaki, and ~12-13 shirtings
post #6849 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

TRINI - the barleycorn is the LL brown and cream and the bottom left is a random fabric where I have a cap from it and hunted down the maker in the UK. Seems to be a 13oz shetland of some sort, but not even positive.

What are the other ones? I think I see a Scabal shetland, in the middle top. I heard that Scabal is preparing another shetland and donegal book which I am hoping will be as good as their last book.
post #6850 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post


Last couple of orders, through Steed, was their cloth however,.

I thought you tried Steed awhile back and didn't care for their waisted look. What made you go back?
post #6851 of 11373

Has anyone taken part in the LL summer production of the Etna 2? Would love to see some photos. I've bought a length myself along with the Piuma RAF PoW, but since I'm away for the next month I've arranged with Lovat to hold my lengths until mid August.

 

Cheers,

SKM

post #6852 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Has anyone taken part in the LL summer production of the Etna 2? Would love to see some photos. I've bought a length myself along with the Piuma RAF PoW, but since I'm away for the next month I've arranged with Lovat to hold my lengths until mid August.

Cheers,
SKM


My is on the way I can post photos when I get it.
post #6853 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post


My is on the way I can post photos when I get it.

 

Very nice, I'd appreciate that! Waiting for such a fabric is pure torture, especially when the waiting time will be one month and the payment HAS been made musicboohoo[1].gif

post #6854 of 11373
Does anyone have experience with cloth from Lanificio di Pray in Biella? I'll be there next week and managed to arrange a tour of the mill. Is it worth trying to purchase some cloth from them as well?
post #6855 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

I thought you tried Steed awhile back and didn't care for their waisted look. What made you go back?
they said they'd do less waisted if needed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread