Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 449
I would say more accurate in the close-up shots. I took photos instead of scans in natural light. Not in direct sunlight. I can try to get some in direct sunlight if you guys want.
Thank you all for sharing the detailed insights.
Well, if we want to be pedantic , then Fresco, Frontier and Crispaire are lightweight cloths* (with some exceptions in those collections). Finmeresco is the only true mid-weight with an open weave.
* Most tailors I have spoken with consider anything less than 11oz. to be lightweight, and roughly 11oz - 14oz. to be mid-weight.
Minnis Fresco - available on the HFW Huddersfield website
Harrison's Frontier or Cape Breeze - Call Isles Textiles in NY (they take cut-length orders)
Lesser's Super Tropical - Isles again
Dugdale has a bunch of lightweight offerings - www.huddersfieldcloth.com
Perhaps it is just living in a warmer/muggier climate that shades my perspective. I consider those cloths in the 10 oz., give or take, range to be relatively year round, with exceptions for the height of summer and winter. Although, with partial lining, they become a little more cool wearing. I think of lightweight as the tropical cloths, in that 7-8 oz. range.
IME, the lightest fresco wears the coolest. Lesser tropical is slightly heaver and not so open. it holds its shape better but is not quite so cool. Very light (7 ounce) cotton also wears cool.
Other summer staples such as mohair and linen do not wear as cool, at least not for me, but I still like them as a fashion statement.
But, as noted, in weather like this, you are fcuked no matter what you wear.
Thank you very much, gents. It seems huddersfieldcloth.com and hfwltd.com (when their shop is back up), are the only sources where one can actually browse and order direct.
There is pretty much no winter where I live, and the summers are extraordinarily hot. So I take the "suck it up" route myself. But it would be nice to at least mitigate it a little. At the moment I've a bunch of suits in linen, but thought I'd check out these other options to have a better combination of business formality and light wearing - the linen always looks a little casual to me.
I agree mimo. I agree big time.
I know that you are referring to Dario and still burning about our previous exchange ages ago. But this is a dispute of a different order. It's not a matter of what I like or don't like. It's about whether a business is cheating it's customers. Obviously the nuance is lost on you. In the real world difrerences of taste are treated differently that disputes about honesty.
Dear ETKL - With your rapid fire outbursts and number of posts it did 2 things for the worse:
- Points out some reason why you are on a super DEFENSE parade for them
- What was a small little mention that was forgotten, has now been fueled and made memorable by your arguing.
Not mad at all. Just taking Manton's logic to the next (realistic) level.
It's all true!
As long as you're going commando you could probably handle up to 42oz...43oz would be silly though.
1933 interests me most as well. Looks like a great pattern for a summer jacket and the weave is really interesting.
I wonder if folks in this thread have experience with hemp/wool blends? I'm very interested in the group buy, but have no idea what to expect from the cloth. I've read hemp is durable as a fabric, but not much beyond that in terms of drape, breathability, etc. Cheers.
the only ones i'm that familiar with are samuelsohn. the linen & blends for their spring / summer SC collection are pretty decent i think
getting your hands on their linen fabric alone to have your own made will be damn near impossible from my experience
- › The Official Wine Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 43 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...