Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 432
Pretty amazing selection of unusual stuff, I think.
Here's a photo of my haul, which includes a lot of those Alumo 36" rolls, some TM including one Gold Line, and one piece of Testa:
And here are some recent acquisitions from Tip-Top, including some Ariston Hopsack 50% Mohair, 50% Wool, some Windowpane Fresco, which I believe is Woodhouse, though there is nothing printed on the roll, and some linen for pants.
Oh right, sorry.
I thought the same re: chambray when she said that. But perhaps I misunderstood her. I'll have to look at it more closely: perhaps there is a slightly different white wefted into it, which might make it chambray?
I've had a few suits made from the lightweight Fox flannels, and I frankly wouldn't recommend the cloth for odd trousers. Too flimsy, w/o much body, and prone to pilling. Fox makes a fantastic 16oz. mid-gtrey flannel (for the same price as the lighter stuff), which is much better suited for odd trousers.
Carl mentioned American Sember and Nicole on a routine visit. Then he actually walked myself and a friend over to the 7th floor warehouse to peruse the fabrics available. I've since been there for 3 visits and I've purchased about 20 fabrics or so ranging from closeout 10/yd Alumo and G&R to $45 - $65 Triplo and Sea Island fabrics. I also picked up a few vintage fabrics. All great stuff!!
I've also purchased some really nice Troca buttons in 14L, 16L and 18L sizes. Brown, grey and blue. No more white buttons as Carl mentioned......
Some quick pics of the fabrics I selected. And I'll probably head out there one or two more times before Sember shuts down the current location.
And for those not familiar with Cego, Carl makes a great shirt, dressy or casual. And he knows his craft which helps. At this point, my entire closet has been replaced with Cego shirts, and $125 is really reasonable imho for a CTM with whatever cut, collar design, pocket configuration, etc.....
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 seconds ago
- › TUXEDO MEGATHREAD NEW Ralph Lauren Black Label Peak Lapel Tuxedo... 11 seconds ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...