Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 432
Pretty amazing selection of unusual stuff, I think.
Here's a photo of my haul, which includes a lot of those Alumo 36" rolls, some TM including one Gold Line, and one piece of Testa:
And here are some recent acquisitions from Tip-Top, including some Ariston Hopsack 50% Mohair, 50% Wool, some Windowpane Fresco, which I believe is Woodhouse, though there is nothing printed on the roll, and some linen for pants.
Oh right, sorry.
I thought the same re: chambray when she said that. But perhaps I misunderstood her. I'll have to look at it more closely: perhaps there is a slightly different white wefted into it, which might make it chambray?
I've had a few suits made from the lightweight Fox flannels, and I frankly wouldn't recommend the cloth for odd trousers. Too flimsy, w/o much body, and prone to pilling. Fox makes a fantastic 16oz. mid-gtrey flannel (for the same price as the lighter stuff), which is much better suited for odd trousers.
Carl mentioned American Sember and Nicole on a routine visit. Then he actually walked myself and a friend over to the 7th floor warehouse to peruse the fabrics available. I've since been there for 3 visits and I've purchased about 20 fabrics or so ranging from closeout 10/yd Alumo and G&R to $45 - $65 Triplo and Sea Island fabrics. I also picked up a few vintage fabrics. All great stuff!!
I've also purchased some really nice Troca buttons in 14L, 16L and 18L sizes. Brown, grey and blue. No more white buttons as Carl mentioned......
Some quick pics of the fabrics I selected. And I'll probably head out there one or two more times before Sember shuts down the current location.
And for those not familiar with Cego, Carl makes a great shirt, dressy or casual. And he knows his craft which helps. At this point, my entire closet has been replaced with Cego shirts, and $125 is really reasonable imho for a CTM with whatever cut, collar design, pocket configuration, etc.....
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Three years later... "Critique / make suggestions / comment on my... 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Country shoe collection 28 minutes ago
- › My updated shoe collection 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding