or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 420

post #6286 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

There is more stuff, I just need to get around to taking pictures. Probably 5 more pieces. Some moonbeam, breanish and cheviot tweed from Lovat.

Aaaand like that I'll wait and see the rest of the treasures.

You have one of the best cloth cellars out there. I seriously think you might regret parting with a lot of this stuff. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
post #6287 of 10753
I'll be selling my length of the LL city gunclub, just need to snap some pics
post #6288 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I'll be selling my length of the LL city gunclub, just need to snap some pics

You will all want this. It is an amazing cloth in feel and look. And no, I don't think it has polyester woven into it.
post #6289 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

And no, I don't think it has polyester woven into it.

I want to believe you but don't know who I can trust anymore.
post #6290 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

I want to believe you but don't know who I can trust anymore.

It seems not even the matchstick can be trusted.
post #6291 of 10753
I have a LL RAF blue linen DB in the works. Do you guys think the RAF blue PoW Piuma will be too similar or should I get it?
post #6292 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

It seems not even the matchstick can be trusted.

The match did its job...
post #6293 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

I have a LL RAF blue linen DB in the works. Do you guys think the RAF blue PoW Piuma will be too similar or should I get it?

I think they're fairly different cloths, though you could argue they could be used for similar purposes/weather. From the photos I've seen the RAF POW is further on the grey end of the spectrum, whereas the RAF blue linen is straight up RAF blue. I am getting the RAF POW , but I certainly wouldn't mind having both :)

post #6294 of 10753
Not similar at all, linen is waaaay more casual. The pow is a business suit to me.
post #6295 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Not similar at all, linen is waaaay more casual. The pow is a business suit to me.

True. A 4-ply high twist cloth specifically designed NOT to wrinkle, is a far cry from linen. I was merely referring to the fact that an argument could be made for the cloths being used in similar weather. Perhaps not under the same circumstances however, as you correctly state.

post #6296 of 10753
I'd wear both the RAF linen and the Piuma to the office. There are differences in texture and formality but I am wondering if it is enough to justify a second similar suit. decisions.gif
post #6297 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I'll be selling my length of the LL city gunclub, just need to snap some pics

Any reason why you won't be making it up? I have the same cloth and I am still on the fence about it.
post #6298 of 10753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Aaaand like that I'll wait and see the rest of the treasures.

You have one of the best cloth cellars out there. I seriously think you might regret parting with a lot of this stuff. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
true. Cloth is like real estate. Unless you are in the business, you shouldn't be selling any. Always better to hold on to it.
post #6299 of 10753

I'm not all that experienced on bespoke clothing, but why would you buy a cloth if you do not intend to have it made up? I could understand if you just changed your mind, but when you've changed your mind about more than three cloths it's time to rethink your buying process, in my opinion.

post #6300 of 10753
I can understand why someone who is interested in a limited-edition cloth might want to purchase a length even if he's not fully convinced he will make it into a suit. For standard cloths, though, it may just be simple acquisitiveness. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread