or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 399

post #5971 of 9785
Ditto. Which bunch is that?
post #5972 of 9785
TChoy, I like the one on the left the best. It should make up as a nice, casual jacket.
post #5973 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Some lighter weight jacketing for spring and summer Drapers, Drapers, Harrisons.


Untitled

Not really a fan of any of those. The first one is awful, and definitely not that summery. The second is too much like a POW pattern to be a jacket, and while I don't mind the 3rd, the peach overcheck is going to be hard to pair with shirts and ties.

I've found it so hard to find nice lightweight jacketing that at the moment I own a single summer jacket that I don't really like. Whereas with winter jacketing there are so many nice patterns it is hard to choose.
post #5974 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Funny, it seemed a pretty sturdy cloth. Do you have something made up in it?

Drapers was my standard I used back in the days of college. The fabrics is more akin to the English School, with a touch of Italian colours. However, they are not that durable. Note I did wear the same suit 2-3 per week in the right season in 6 form or A level , proper hard with the girls and fun.

I do think they are decently durable, but not as much as my new love heavy wool worsted in 14-15oz
post #5975 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

love the right

Love all three. Nice fashiony summer colours.
post #5976 of 9785
Making up some shirts and I thought I'd post some of the more "interesting" fabrics, passing on most of these but the checks/tattersalls could work as winter casual shirts







post #5977 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Drapers was my standard I used back in the days of college. The fabrics is more akin to the English School, with a touch of Italian colours. However, they are not that durable. Note I did wear the same suit 2-3 per week in the right season in 6 form or A level , proper hard with the girls and fun.

I do think they are decently durable, but not as much as my new love heavy wool worsted in 14-15oz

I see. I'd love to wear 14-15 oz wools, but those would be unbearable even in San Diego's "winter", when our highs average in the low 60s. In fact, it's almost time to put away my 12 oz. worsteds for year. Still disappointed to hear about Drapers durability. They're a bit pricey to be disposable. But I may go ahead anyway. I had a particular grey nailhead in mind and the Drapers came closest that.
post #5978 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Making up some shirts and I thought I'd post some of the more "interesting" fabrics, passing on most of these but the checks/tattersalls could work as winter casual shirts
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Ed what mill are the fabrics from? Checks/Tattersalls look great.
post #5979 of 9785
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

Ditto. Which bunch is that?

It's a new bunch from Harrisons called Mirage, it's a mixture of wool/silk/linen blend, it's has a lovely hand.
post #5980 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I see. I'd love to wear 14-15 oz wools, but those would be unbearable even in San Diego's "winter", when our highs average in the low 60s. In fact, it's almost time to put away my 12 oz. worsteds for year. Still disappointed to hear about Drapers durability. They're a bit pricey to be disposable. But I may go ahead anyway. I had a particular grey nailhead in mind and the Drapers came closest that.

fyi, Drapers is actually now owned by VBC and in some cases the same fabric will be in offered in Drapers and VBC books...

Mirage book sounds interesting...
post #5981 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Thanks everyone for the comments.
It's a new bunch from Harrisons called Mirage, it's a mixture of wool/silk/linen blend, it's has a lovely hand.

I've bee curious to see it. Harrisons posted some pics on their twitter feed

BAP9jvzCIAIFy4i.jpg:large

BAP73w-CUAAVJnc.jpg:large
post #5982 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I see. I'd love to wear 14-15 oz wools, but those would be unbearable even in San Diego's "winter", when our highs average in the low 60s. In fact, it's almost time to put away my 12 oz. worsteds for year. Still disappointed to hear about Drapers durability. They're a bit pricey to be disposable. But I may go ahead anyway. I had a particular grey nailhead in mind and the Drapers came closest that.

All fabric do wear out, so really anything last for a few year's seasonal wears is good enough. Do people really expect their fresco or tropical worsted to last more than 5 years?

Anyway, 15 degree celsius is pretty chilly. Especially in Hong Kong where the air con tend to be very strong, I have no problem to wear 20oz tweed coat in Hong Kong's winter. I am always cold in UK, even in the apparent sunny weather.

Another reason why my suit does last long because I don't keep them, I try to only have 7-8 suits only.

I will still go for drapers, they are one of the best Italian worsted suiting.
post #5983 of 9785
0511 fresco 3/2 with or without flaps? Was thinking to do besom pockets, what do you think?
post #5984 of 9785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

0511 fresco 3/2 with or without flaps? Was thinking to do besom pockets, what do you think?
What color is 0511 again? Is this a suit or odd jacket?
post #5985 of 9785
The one on the right looks great

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread