or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 398

post #5956 of 10656
I met with Patrick Chu today expecting to pick something out of the Crispaire book, but didn't see what I was looking for. Now I'm pondering two wool/mohair blends. The first is the #577 in the new Fresco II book. The second is from Drapers. Patrick says its woven by VBC but to a very high standard. Frankly, I like the look of the Drapers better and it felt good to me, but I'm wondering if anyone knowledgeable has thoughts about either.



post #5957 of 10656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I met with Patrick Chu today expecting to pick something out of the Crispaire book, but didn't see what I was looking for. Now I'm pondering two wool/mohair blends. The first is the #577 in the new Fresco II book. The second is from Drapers. Patrick says its woven by VBC but to a very high standard. Frankly, I like the look of the Drapers better and it felt good to me, but I'm wondering if anyone knowledgeable has thoughts about either.




Drapers is alright, it should last a good 2-3 years usage. Will you be happy with that?
post #5958 of 10656
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Drapers is alright, it should last a good 2-3 years usage. Will you be happy with that?

Funny, it seemed a pretty sturdy cloth. Do you have something made up in it?
post #5959 of 10656
Some lighter weight jacketing for spring and summer Drapers, Drapers, Harrisons.


Untitled
post #5960 of 10656
I like the middle one.
post #5961 of 10656
^ +1, maybe the same pattern with light blue instead of the peach/pink overcheck?
post #5962 of 10656
Finally got my suit back in the Dunhill mohair fabric that Renault sold me. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.
post #5963 of 10656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

^ +1, maybe the same pattern with light blue instead of the peach/pink overcheck?

That would have been great but it's not in the book, the other option is blue on blue.


Image 10 by banjo888, on Flickr
post #5964 of 10656
Not a fan of blue oddcoats.
post #5965 of 10656
Peach actually doesn't look too bright, so thats good, I definitely like it better than the all blue, also a change of pace from the usual blue blue blue blue blue. I recommend you check out Ariston's summer books they have similar stuff in beautiful colors. Cacciopolli also have nice stuff, but I haven't seen their book anywhere outside naples except for Ercoles in NY
post #5966 of 10656
^^^^^^
I was thinking the same how many blue on blue jackets does one need.

Ariston does have some very nice stuff haven't seen the new books yet for summer 2013.

You can buy direct from Cacciopolli they posted a few images on the tumblr.

http://caccioppoli1920.tumblr.com/post/46505498442/summer-2013-jacketings-bright-summery-colours-and
post #5967 of 10656
Yes, but definitely get samples, those pictures can only go so far. Don't know who your tailor is, but they may have some deadstock stuff that can't be found anywhere, worth checking if its a feasible option for you.
post #5968 of 10656
Well the good news is this chambray is fancy enough to wear with a tie. Whereas the other stuff is intended mostly for farm(er)-hands. Are you making 10 shirts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

It turns out that Simonnot Godard's voile is not their "new chambray." Their new chambray is their "new chambray." Check it out:

TITC_04032013_01.jpg

Read more here: http://www.tweedinthecity.com/2013/04/03/this-is-not-the-chambray-youre-looking-for/
post #5969 of 10656
I just purchase 8 bunch of 4 meters fabric. Pictures next week.
post #5970 of 10656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Some lighter weight jacketing for spring and summer Drapers, Drapers, Harrisons.


Untitled
love the right
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread