I wish I washed my LL linen prior to having it made up- there was shrinkage after hand washing/ line drying. Shrank about half an inch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 397
surprised whoever makes your shirts does not wash/sponge your fabrics, particularly stuff that they have not worked with before.
Its always a good idea to wash anything that will be washed before its made up, so shirtings in cotton and linen although it would be worthwhile to wash trouser lengths in cotton corduroy, linen etc.
Surprised to see so many got the LL shirting it must be making a mint for him.
I can't be bothered with such stuff. I usually have a bit of clearance built into my measurements for shrinkage. Some fabrics more than others. Basically open weaves tend to shrink more, so I get a little longer sleeves and such. I cold wash and hang dry all of my shirts so shrinkage is never that bad.
Well you pays your money and takes your choice. On average though you will pay a multiple of the fabric for the making up of the garment so a little effort expended at this stage could be well worth it.
Read more here: http://www.tweedinthecity.com/2013/04/03/this-is-not-the-chambray-youre-looking-for/
- › SW&D CHALLENGE: MYSELF WHEN MY WALL IS REAL (SEPTEMBER 26 to... 1 second ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 45 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...