I wish I washed my LL linen prior to having it made up- there was shrinkage after hand washing/ line drying. Shrank about half an inch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/23/16 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 397
surprised whoever makes your shirts does not wash/sponge your fabrics, particularly stuff that they have not worked with before.
Its always a good idea to wash anything that will be washed before its made up, so shirtings in cotton and linen although it would be worthwhile to wash trouser lengths in cotton corduroy, linen etc.
Surprised to see so many got the LL shirting it must be making a mint for him.
I can't be bothered with such stuff. I usually have a bit of clearance built into my measurements for shrinkage. Some fabrics more than others. Basically open weaves tend to shrink more, so I get a little longer sleeves and such. I cold wash and hang dry all of my shirts so shrinkage is never that bad.
Well you pays your money and takes your choice. On average though you will pay a multiple of the fabric for the making up of the garment so a little effort expended at this stage could be well worth it.
Read more here: http://www.tweedinthecity.com/2013/04/03/this-is-not-the-chambray-youre-looking-for/
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding