or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 380

post #5686 of 9955
I hate Harrison's Frontier with a passion.
post #5687 of 9955
Yes -- Frontier is limp and lifeless and it was a big mistake for me. Hated the suit I made out of it.
post #5688 of 9955
medtect's suit looks more khaki than olive but I love this colour. The linen is from W Bill.

post #5689 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Hope it's not too much of a thread derail, but does anybody have a photo of an olive suit they like? Not sure I have wee seen one.

You might want to look at the "In Praise of Olive" thread

post #5690 of 9955
Not visually helpful, but Bruce Boyer penned a piece at Ivy Style once about his love for olive.

http://www.ivy-style.com/color-of-conquest-bruce-boyers-ode-to-olive.html
post #5691 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Harrisons Mirage (Continued) (Click to show)





























Here are some more of the designs available in the Harrisons Mirage range (as requested by some members)

Mirage certainly describes the first two.

I do, however, like those nubby silk - linens
post #5692 of 9955
Is it a bad idea that I only ordered one pair of trousers with a custom linen suit I'm having made? I usually get two for wools, but given how my other linen trousers have worn, I thought maybe I could get away with just one for this suit. Now I'm second guessing myself. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?
post #5693 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Is it a bad idea that I only ordered one pair of trousers with a custom linen suit I'm having made? I usually get two for wools, but given how my other linen trousers have worn, I thought maybe I could get away with just one for this suit. Now I'm second guessing myself. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Unlike a wool suit jacket you could undoubtedly wear the jacket from your linen suit as an odd jacket. I used to get the second pair of pants but have never actually orphaned a jacket - it's happened the other way a few times though.
post #5694 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

medtect's suit looks more khaki than olive but I love this colour. The linen is from W Bill.


Any idea what W. Bill fabric this is?

Looks like 60130 can anyone confirm?
post #5695 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciKid View Post

Any idea what W. Bill fabric this is?

Looks like 60130 can anyone confirm?

Looking at my swatch book, it is.
post #5696 of 9955
Good news and bad news regarding the Racing Green Fresco with rust brown overcheck. My cloth guy checked my store and it turns out it is actually a Rangoon, which makes this cloth even more special and wearable in the summer.

Those who were interested, please PM to confirm your interest. Have 30m.

Navy glenplaid Rangoon is also available. Same 5m.
post #5697 of 9955
Do you have a pic? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread.
post #5698 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Do you have a pic? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread.




Grey chalk, Navy chalk, and Navy glenplaid are above.

Also have available some grey glenplaid Rangoon.

Cloth is 8/9 oz.
post #5699 of 9955

Still awaiting pictures of the green fresco

 

Re: two pants, I never do this. Your taste is more likely to change before the pants wear out or, more likely, your desire to get a new suit for some subjective reason is likely to flare up before they wear out.
 

post #5700 of 9955
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

Still awaiting pictures of the green fresco

Re: two pants, I never do this. Your taste is more likely to change before the pants wear out or, more likely, your desire to get a new suit for some subjective reason is likely to flare up before they wear out.

 

Wait - did you say subjective reason? I thought we (SF) had clearly established the scientific basis by which we select our clothes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread