Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 369
RogerC -- I seem to remember this topic having done before with pictures of the Prince been flashed out as well -- either here or on the LL.
Ah. Decided to look for it. Here -- http://www.styleforum.net/t/140983/double-breasted-tweed-sporstcoat
That is about what I expected. But I am leery of something too slick. How is the finish? I take it the latter is much more matte?
It's hard to speak about H & S because they have so many books, but if you're looking at 10-11 oz, you're looking at what? -- Crispaire? In general, though, their stuff is more modern and it varies from book to book. Their Intercity range is more matte.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 3/7/13 at 3:13am
Well, the test suit made up from it was completed a month ago, and has been worn hard at least ten times by now. The cloth wears and drapes beautifully.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... Suit has been washed twice so far with no shrinkage.
Two "washes" after ten wears?
I should be clearer: by refined I don't mean ultra luxe, but merely not as rusticated as some of the west of England traditional hopsacks can be. E.g. Dugdale hopsack and the like is nice and classical but also more sturdy and in a much more limited range of colors than I had in mind. I threw out the name H&S knowing that they have a lot of books and that the probability of a wider color palette is there. I was thinking tans and browns.
I was hoping you would chime in.
See above. Tans and light brown, but I am open to something else. Please do share.
Something not too rustic, more citified, but not too glitzy would fit the bill.
The colors in Crispaire you were championing upthread were super awesome (I think I will have some suits made) so I hoped there is something in that vein but in a hopsack weave.
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 10 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...