Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 9:50 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 369
RogerC -- I seem to remember this topic having done before with pictures of the Prince been flashed out as well -- either here or on the LL.
Ah. Decided to look for it. Here -- http://www.styleforum.net/t/140983/double-breasted-tweed-sporstcoat
That is about what I expected. But I am leery of something too slick. How is the finish? I take it the latter is much more matte?
It's hard to speak about H & S because they have so many books, but if you're looking at 10-11 oz, you're looking at what? -- Crispaire? In general, though, their stuff is more modern and it varies from book to book. Their Intercity range is more matte.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 3/7/13 at 3:13am
Well, the test suit made up from it was completed a month ago, and has been worn hard at least ten times by now. The cloth wears and drapes beautifully.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... Suit has been washed twice so far with no shrinkage.
Two "washes" after ten wears?
I should be clearer: by refined I don't mean ultra luxe, but merely not as rusticated as some of the west of England traditional hopsacks can be. E.g. Dugdale hopsack and the like is nice and classical but also more sturdy and in a much more limited range of colors than I had in mind. I threw out the name H&S knowing that they have a lot of books and that the probability of a wider color palette is there. I was thinking tans and browns.
I was hoping you would chime in.
See above. Tans and light brown, but I am open to something else. Please do share.
Something not too rustic, more citified, but not too glitzy would fit the bill.
The colors in Crispaire you were championing upthread were super awesome (I think I will have some suits made) so I hoped there is something in that vein but in a hopsack weave.
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts