Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 3:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 369
RogerC -- I seem to remember this topic having done before with pictures of the Prince been flashed out as well -- either here or on the LL.
Ah. Decided to look for it. Here -- http://www.styleforum.net/t/140983/double-breasted-tweed-sporstcoat
That is about what I expected. But I am leery of something too slick. How is the finish? I take it the latter is much more matte?
It's hard to speak about H & S because they have so many books, but if you're looking at 10-11 oz, you're looking at what? -- Crispaire? In general, though, their stuff is more modern and it varies from book to book. Their Intercity range is more matte.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 3/7/13 at 3:13am
Well, the test suit made up from it was completed a month ago, and has been worn hard at least ten times by now. The cloth wears and drapes beautifully.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... Suit has been washed twice so far with no shrinkage.
Two "washes" after ten wears?
I should be clearer: by refined I don't mean ultra luxe, but merely not as rusticated as some of the west of England traditional hopsacks can be. E.g. Dugdale hopsack and the like is nice and classical but also more sturdy and in a much more limited range of colors than I had in mind. I threw out the name H&S knowing that they have a lot of books and that the probability of a wider color palette is there. I was thinking tans and browns.
I was hoping you would chime in.
See above. Tans and light brown, but I am open to something else. Please do share.
Something not too rustic, more citified, but not too glitzy would fit the bill.
The colors in Crispaire you were championing upthread were super awesome (I think I will have some suits made) so I hoped there is something in that vein but in a hopsack weave.
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › Shoes Carmina Albaladejo tan penny Loafers 80191. Size 9 UK NEWS 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway