Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/26/16 at 12:38am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 369
RogerC -- I seem to remember this topic having done before with pictures of the Prince been flashed out as well -- either here or on the LL.
Ah. Decided to look for it. Here -- http://www.styleforum.net/t/140983/double-breasted-tweed-sporstcoat
That is about what I expected. But I am leery of something too slick. How is the finish? I take it the latter is much more matte?
It's hard to speak about H & S because they have so many books, but if you're looking at 10-11 oz, you're looking at what? -- Crispaire? In general, though, their stuff is more modern and it varies from book to book. Their Intercity range is more matte.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 3/7/13 at 3:13am
Well, the test suit made up from it was completed a month ago, and has been worn hard at least ten times by now. The cloth wears and drapes beautifully.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
... Suit has been washed twice so far with no shrinkage.
Two "washes" after ten wears?
I should be clearer: by refined I don't mean ultra luxe, but merely not as rusticated as some of the west of England traditional hopsacks can be. E.g. Dugdale hopsack and the like is nice and classical but also more sturdy and in a much more limited range of colors than I had in mind. I threw out the name H&S knowing that they have a lot of books and that the probability of a wider color palette is there. I was thinking tans and browns.
I was hoping you would chime in.
See above. Tans and light brown, but I am open to something else. Please do share.
Something not too rustic, more citified, but not too glitzy would fit the bill.
The colors in Crispaire you were championing upthread were super awesome (I think I will have some suits made) so I hoped there is something in that vein but in a hopsack weave.
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 36 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › What would look good under this jacket? 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding