or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 351

post #5251 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post


Is you computer screen very dirty or something?

Thank you, I've just cleaned it. It attracts dust like the dickens.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Those lambswool gun clubs are nice, would wear.

I am not a h8er of worsted GCs. Some of the nicest summer jackets I've ever seen were the CB for Lesser and Hardy Riviera, which had a lot of small checks, very elegant

 

+1. Until now, my only look at JG Hardy had been the Alsport line, which left a bad taste in my mouth on the utility front, since I don't ramble through the outback and need a thornproof, lead-like coat. But these lambswools are well executed. I would wear the green one.

 

As for "citification," to hell with authenticity. Sometimes you want something informal and "tweedy" but still urbane enough for the city.

post #5252 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

As for "citification," to hell with authenticity. Sometimes you want something informal and "tweedy" but still urbane enough for the city.

That's the spirit.
post #5253 of 11146
I've got three lengths of Worsted Alsport to be made up, first one going to the tailor in two weeks. I also agree with Manton on the Riviera. I have the fawn gun club, which is great. They also had a wonderful blue gun club in that bunch, but they discontinued it before I could order a length. I'd be happy to take it off anyone's hands.
post #5254 of 11146
What book are we looking at here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

this is 13088, bottom right, the blue is not as pronounced:



have you seen 11688? I think that would work nicely:



In terms of what I'm wearing, pretty much the same as always, staying away from gun clubs and microplaids going forward.
post #5255 of 11146

Marling and Evans

post #5256 of 11146
Anyone who has access to minnis fresco at a discount, please pm me
post #5257 of 11146
Me too...
post #5258 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Anyone who has access to minnis fresco at a discount, please pm me

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Me too...

Me as well.
post #5259 of 11146

A member here informs me that the London Lounge shetland houndstooth subscription is not closed as I thought, but is still taking orders. I had no idea.

Acting on that advice, I am letting my 2.5m go for below the 100GBP/m sticker price rather than attempting to reclaw the whole value shog[1].gif.

PM with reasonable offers, thanks.
 

Edit: I'll make a proper sales thread if the need arises.


Edited by sprout2 - 2/11/13 at 3:30pm
post #5260 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Anyone who has access to minnis fresco at a discount, please pm me

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


Me as well.

Andrew Rogers? Or a deeper discount than that?
post #5261 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

A member here informs me that the London Lounge shetland houndstooth subscription is not closed as I thought, but is still taking orders. I had no idea.
Acting on that advice, I am letting my 2.5m go for below the 100GBP/m sticker price rather than attempting to reclaw the whole value shog%5B1%5D.gif.
PM with reasonable offers, thanks.

 
Edit: I'll make a proper sales thread if the need arises.

Someone should jump on that. I would if I didn't already have it.
post #5262 of 11146
Does anyone have suggestions for cloth that resembles MaoMao's jacket here (can't seem to load the pic directly)? If I recall correctly, this was vintage L&L cloth.

inlove.gif
post #5263 of 11146

Robert Noble has something similar in a slightly lighter shade,

post #5264 of 11146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Does anyone have suggestions for cloth that resembles MaoMao's jacket here (can't seem to load the pic directly)? If I recall correctly, this was vintage L&L cloth.

inlove.gif

That's gazman, not maomao. I won't make the obvious joke.
post #5265 of 11146
It's maomao
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread