or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 338

post #5056 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

It's a bit amusing that they forgot all of the picture captions and left dummy text blocks all through the article...

I noticed that as well. My guess is that it's a pre-production mock-up sent to Fox either as a courtesy, or for some kind of fact checking. In my experience, final images and captions can be changed or swapped out up to the point of going on press...
post #5057 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post


What book are these from? I could use some new odd trousers. smile.gif
post #5058 of 11427
Does anybody know how much Mohair Tonik (2000) run? I saw a couple of gorgeous shades of blue.

Looks like this when made up I believe --

http://www.equal-eleven.com/?p=84

Way more gorgeous in real life --


Edited by bboysdontcryy - 1/30/13 at 12:20pm
post #5059 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Does anybody know how much Mohair Tonik (2000) run? I saw a couple of gorgeous shades of blue.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks like this when made up I believe --

http://www.equal-eleven.com/?p=84

Way more gorgeous in real life --


That's fantastic stuff. I've been looking for a cloth like that to make sort of an "evening blazer" for summer...one button, peak lapels....what do people think? Is it light enough for summer given that there's mohair?
post #5060 of 11427
That seems like it could be nice, though I'd go with a darker shade if you're using it for the evening.
post #5061 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

That's fantastic stuff. I've been looking for a cloth like that to make sort of an "evening blazer" for summer...one button, peak lapels....what do people think? Is it light enough for summer given that there's mohair?

I would think so. Mohair is breathable, I have one mohair blend suit that I wouldn't hesitate to wear in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Does anybody know how much Mohair Tonik (2000) run? I saw a couple of gorgeous shades of blue.

Looks like this when made up I believe --

http://www.equal-eleven.com/?p=84

Way more gorgeous in real life --


I think this was discussed awhile back, but my understanding as that it was about $250/meter. I had a sportcoat made up in some of the Dormeuli's Tropical Amadaeus, and going to a mohair blend would have more than doubled the price - I didn't ask because I knew that was too rich for my blood.
post #5062 of 11427
250 USD/M -- Sheesh. Might have to shelf all ideas of making it up into a three-piece suit with an additional pair of trousers.
post #5063 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

That seems like it could be nice, though I'd go with a darker shade if you're using it for the evening.

The one on top looks like it's a mix of darker and lighter yarns? I think that works well, along with the mohair, for a kind of luster in lower light...like what's in ethandesu's suit in the link. The idea is to recreate some of the kind of lighter "glow" that comes off of a velvet jacket, without having to wear velvet in the summer. If it's darker without the lighter accents, that's harder to achieve, and starts to look more like an orphaned tux jacket.
post #5064 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

The one on top looks like it's a mix of darker and lighter yarns?

Yes. It's pretty darn beautiful. Breathable, and wearable in Summer too, I'd say. And I've experienced DC Summer.

Picture taken under natural sunlight btw.
post #5065 of 11427
Can members comment whether escorial is worth the $$$? I have my eye on a few beautiful 10oz. fabrics, but they are 100 gbp / meter.
post #5066 of 11427
That's a pretty reasonable price for escorial. I've seen a book of it, and it does look and feel really nice. When I was in Naples I saw Patrizio Cappelli wearing an escorial jacket which looked fantastic. He was very satisfied with the stuff.
post #5067 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post


What book are these from? I could use some new odd trousers. smile.gif

Lady Sanfelice & Flannels, Drapers
post #5068 of 11427
Can anyone comment on personal experience with smith's cream barathea or other cream DJ materials? Anyone know of a mohair blend that would wear a bit cooler perhaps?
post #5069 of 11427
Thanks for the note on escorial - good to know.
post #5070 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Can anyone comment on personal experience with smith's cream barathea or other cream DJ materials? Anyone know of a mohair blend that would wear a bit cooler perhaps?

Halstead has some kid mohair/wool mix with a porous weave that is very nice. Circa 8oz -12oz IIRC. Ask if they have any in cream.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread