or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 335

post #5011 of 11427
Thread Starter 
I don't have that one. frown.gif
post #5012 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post


How can you hate cream silk? If I could only have one square, it would be cream silk. At worst it is 80% as good as the ideal square. Often it is ideal.

 

Never said I hated cream silk. I believe that white linen > cream silk. Always.

 

White linen is by far the most versatile square a man can own. As close to ideal as it gets.

post #5013 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

I remember this was a heavier weight flannel for you. How do like the weight of this cloth?

I love it actually. I remember what you told me about the pleat, I have extra material for more trousers, but I actually really like the single forward pleat despite the thickness of the material.
post #5014 of 11427
Well you all know I will eternally disagree on the versatility of white linen. Yes, I understand, every authority will tell you it is always correct, and therefore the most versatile. But from my aesthetic view, even if formally correct, it is visually jarring. Cream silk is, like white linen, never wrong. It just always looks better.
post #5015 of 11427
Where's doc Holliday when I need him? frown.gif
post #5016 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post


To ThinkDerm's question, I tried both Geneva and CEGO, and Geneva was much better in my opinion. I think Foo has made the right call here.

I've tried CEGO and Geneva too and CEGO works out better for me for a number of reasons (accessibility, requests and etc.) Also I think I was considered Eugene's customer. A friend who also used Geneva recently told me that I shouldn't have been seeing Eugene, only Mike.
post #5017 of 11427
Thread Starter 
I don't think there is a demarcation like that at Geneva. Mike is the cutter, Eugene is the business manager. When it comes to placing orders and paying, I've always dealt with Eugene. Mike drafted my pattern, though, and when I had tweaks I talked to him. I haven't changed my patter in a long time, though.
post #5018 of 11427
Foo - I'll pay you $2 if you wear a white linen square tomorrow. If you take a picture and post it here I'll pay you $3. I'm philanthropic like that.
post #5019 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

placing orders and paying, I've always dealt with Eugene. Mike drafted my pattern, though, and when I had tweaks I talked to him.

Same here.
post #5020 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I love it actually. I remember what you told me about the pleat, I have extra material for more trousers, but I actually really like the single forward pleat despite the thickness of the material.

Glad it worked for you
post #5021 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Foo - I'll pay you $2 if you wear a white linen square tomorrow. If you take a picture and post it here I'll pay you $3. I'm philanthropic like that.

Can we get a pool going?
post #5022 of 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

I don't think there is a demarcation like that at Geneva. Mike is the cutter, Eugene is the business manager. When it comes to placing orders and paying, I've always dealt with Eugene. Mike drafted my pattern, though, and when I had tweaks I talked to him. I haven't changed my patter in a long time, though.

I've never met Mike. I don't know who cut my pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Foo - I'll pay you $2 if you wear a white linen square tomorrow. If you take a picture and post it here I'll pay you $3. I'm philanthropic like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Can we get a pool going?

Vox would have at least offered a crisp $5 note.
post #5023 of 11427
Great suit, pB! The forward pleat is very nice.
post #5024 of 11427
. . . .
Edited by Mr. Pink - 1/27/13 at 10:41pm
post #5025 of 11427
Cream silk looks like deflated old balloon. At best.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread