Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 6/23/16 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 328
I did not inquire about anything other than fresco, so I can't confirm other fabrics, but I have a feeling they went to Lovat to mill the cloth, and they probably have some sort of contract with LL that only allows Lovat to do custom runs of certain patterns if it is a large commercial order, i.e 840+ meter minimum order minnis informed me of.
However solids have the normal 65m minimum so if people would like a more refined blue fresco or something else, it can be done
I believe Antich weave most of the cloth for the HFW group.
The problem with weaving a pattern is that you have to reset and reprogram the loom which is time consuming and has a cost that has to be recovered either by unit cost or quantity or both,
There used to be a POW patterned Fresco which they no longer sell. Probably didn't sell well. So your answer maybe there.
I would be surprised if Lovat had signed such a restrictive contract with London Lounge.
I was told that sales were decent but not amazing. Fresco was always the top seller among their spring / summer fabrics, so they took the opportunity to lower inventory, beliveing that Rangoon lovers would just migrate to Fresco.
They are totally different cloths.
True, but I get the sense that some cloth merchants think in terms of weight rather than texture. I was complaining to a UK mill recently on how they had stopped producing their outstanding 10oz. hopsacks. They seemed bewildered that I was complaining - "But we still have several excellent collections in that summer weight."
On that note, I would appreciate member recommendations on a light-to-mid weight navy hopsack.
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Brexit 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 12 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding