Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 328
I did not inquire about anything other than fresco, so I can't confirm other fabrics, but I have a feeling they went to Lovat to mill the cloth, and they probably have some sort of contract with LL that only allows Lovat to do custom runs of certain patterns if it is a large commercial order, i.e 840+ meter minimum order minnis informed me of.
However solids have the normal 65m minimum so if people would like a more refined blue fresco or something else, it can be done
I believe Antich weave most of the cloth for the HFW group.
The problem with weaving a pattern is that you have to reset and reprogram the loom which is time consuming and has a cost that has to be recovered either by unit cost or quantity or both,
There used to be a POW patterned Fresco which they no longer sell. Probably didn't sell well. So your answer maybe there.
I would be surprised if Lovat had signed such a restrictive contract with London Lounge.
I was told that sales were decent but not amazing. Fresco was always the top seller among their spring / summer fabrics, so they took the opportunity to lower inventory, beliveing that Rangoon lovers would just migrate to Fresco.
They are totally different cloths.
True, but I get the sense that some cloth merchants think in terms of weight rather than texture. I was complaining to a UK mill recently on how they had stopped producing their outstanding 10oz. hopsacks. They seemed bewildered that I was complaining - "But we still have several excellent collections in that summer weight."
On that note, I would appreciate member recommendations on a light-to-mid weight navy hopsack.
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 57 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Adidas NMD R1 Lush Red mens size 8.5 Like New 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Snuff Suede LWB 8.5D Barrie Last Double Waterloc Sole 5 minutes ago
- › New website feedback 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway