or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 324

post #4846 of 9950
Have a look at the Harrisons Oyster book.I love it, its my travelling suit.
post #4847 of 9950
Is it my imagination? Or has Dugdale's prices on its website gone up by 20-30%.
post #4848 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

No idea who Incotex uses but H&S Cash Cord should be what you're looking for

http://www.hollandandsherry.com/apparel/collections.aspx?season=AW2012&details=HS1218B

Ah. Many thanks.
post #4849 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by hst View Post

Is it my imagination? Or has Dugdale's prices on its website gone up by 20-30%.

Yes. They have re-introduced several ranges, with a corresponding increase in prices. The old stuff that remains unchanged (Coatings, Super 100s etc.) is still sold at the old, lower prices.

post #4850 of 9950
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Have a look at the Harrisons Oyster book.I love it, its my travelling suit.
Oyster is truly great. We never talk about it here but we should. First rate.
post #4851 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

Yes. They have re-introduced several ranges, with a corresponding increase in prices. The old stuff that remains unchanged (Coatings, Super 100s etc.) is still sold at the old, lower prices.

I thought even prices on the older books have gone up. Take English Classics, I remember it being about £20 per mts ex VAT. Now it is closer to £30 ex VAT,
post #4852 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

Lesser 13oz
Dugdale English Classics
Smith Botany
For sportcoatings/informal suits: Hardy's Worsted Alsport

I'm probably hitting up the Lesser 13 oz. for a navy pinstripe DB soon. I want to compare it to Minnis Classic.
post #4853 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post


Oyster is truly great. We never talk about it here but we should. First rate.

 

I have a suit from the book, and it is great stuff. Frankly, at its weight (13-14oz.) it has competition from other great collections (Lesser 13oz., M&E Saxony, Smith Steadfast, many flannels) that it's understandable why Oyster doesn't get much attention.

post #4854 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by hst View Post


I thought even prices on the older books have gone up. Take English Classics, I remember it being about £20 per mts ex VAT. Now it is closer to £30 ex VAT,

 

English Classics has been 're-introduced' with new, jazzier designs - hence the uptick in prices.

post #4855 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

English Classics has been 're-introduced' with new, jazzier designs - hence the uptick in prices.

I see. Fair enough.
post #4856 of 9950
Met with Frank to discuss a light weight commission. Really liked one of the mid blues from a Smith mohair book - 70% wool / 30% mohair. The swatches at the front were 60% mohair and too shiny. This one seemed more matte but had a good hard hand. Has anyone gotten a Smith mohair before? I dont think Frank has the Cape Kid book but he does have a Scabal mohair book that I may peruse.
post #4857 of 9950
Did you see the Dormeiul book?
post #4858 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

Lesser 13oz
Dugdale English Classics
Smith Botany
For sportcoatings/informal suits: Hardy's Worsted Alsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

English Classic is very very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Have a look at the Harrisons Oyster book.I love it, its my travelling suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Oyster is truly great. We never talk about it here but we should. First rate.


Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm a little worried about the weight. Being in MS, 13 oz seems on the heavy side.

I was hoping to fill the niche between fresco in the summer and flannel for the month of winter we have down here. That being said, I've got samples from the oyster book and from Minnis English classics, I'll have to compare them side by side and go from there.
post #4859 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Did you see the Dormeiul book?

Have not, for some reason I assumed it would be too $$$ but will take a look.
post #4860 of 9950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Have not, for some reason I assumed it would be too $$$ but will take a look.

I don't know how much Frank charges but I got Tonik for €150 per meter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread