or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I was just busting your chops.



I thought I was being sartorially mythbusted there for a moment
post #482 of 19896
Thread Starter 
Since I started getting into clothes, I've heard people say "You can't really tell what a cloth will look like from a swatch, you have to see the whole piece." And I always thought "Anyone who says that is blind. Losers."

Until finally it happened to me.
post #483 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Since I started getting into clothes, I've heard people say "You can't really tell what a cloth will look like from a swatch, you have to see the whole piece." And I always thought "Anyone who says that is blind. Losers."

Until finally it happened to me.

are you sure it wasn't just another A&S screwup?
post #484 of 19896
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
are you sure it wasn't just another A&S screwup?

Yeah, there was only one gun club in the whole book. They definitely got the right cloth.
post #485 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Yeah, there was only one gun club in the whole book. They definitely got the right cloth.

Was that the cloth in your fitting photo? It looks pretty good.

--Andre
post #486 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
Was that the cloth in your fitting photo? It looks pretty good

... in pictures!!

post #487 of 19896
Manton,

do you think the said Scabal shetland looks better made up than as a swatch or vice versa? I was unsure how my jacket from the same cloth would come out until I saw yours. Now I'm sure it will be superb.
post #488 of 19896
Oh, and btw: Here's the recently finished LL cashmere.


post #489 of 19896
Nice SG. Was that an early test run? I finally ordered mine yesterday, and my heart stopped for a moment when I saw the final total!

What did you make from it? I'm planning a DB car coat with some bells and whistles.

--Andre
post #490 of 19896
^^

please don't get that made up in anything but pants
post #491 of 19896
Sorry dude, but that cloth would look silly as pants.

The LL cashmere, and Simonnot-Goddard voile (from a sneaky source):



(Sorry for the bad white balance.)

--Andre
post #492 of 19896
nice cotton. Are you going to make a suit out of the LL?
post #493 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
nice cotton. Are you going to make a suit out of the LL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
Nice SG. Was that an early test run? I finally ordered mine yesterday, and my heart stopped for a moment when I saw the final total!

What did you make from it? I'm planning a DB car coat with some bells and whistles.

--Andre
..
post #494 of 19896
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
nice cotton. Are you going to make a suit out of the LL?

Thanks. I'm thinking 6x3 DB carcoat with big-assed lapels like a glorified peacoat, but with working turnback cuffs (so you can actually unfold them), and a button belt-thingy across the back. But that may be too many busy features on a short coat. Not sure about the pocket configuration yet.

--Andre
post #495 of 19896
^ Nice. AY, have you considered Ulster lapels?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread