or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 313

post #4681 of 11098
Quote:
my swatch says the Harrison camel hair is 620g

and It's been said you are never wrong!
post #4682 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post







ambrosi has completed all trousers
Is this in Italy, or does Panico travel? Was there a time that Mina used him at NsM?
post #4683 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Is this in Italy, or does Panico travel? Was there a time that Mina used him at NsM?

 

He may travel to Rome, but I'm certain he doesn't travel to the U.S.

 

Mina used Volpe, not Panico.

post #4684 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

He may travel to Rome, but I'm certain he doesn't travel to the U.S.

Mina used Volpe, not Panico.
According to T4Phage in the NSM thread, she initially repped Panico in the states, then moved to Volpe.
post #4685 of 11098
For those who used Volpe, Panico and NSM, what are the major differences among the three? I assume Mina used to put her own twist on all garments?
post #4686 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

According to T4Phage in the NSM thread, she initially repped Panico in the states, then moved to Volpe.

 

Yes, but that was independent of the NSM operation - NSM initially had its garments made by Volpe.

post #4687 of 11098
Thread Starter 
Panico is pretty expensive, especially for Naples. He's on another level than ... well than most of the others.
post #4688 of 11098
I like the look of his lapels-- NsM's tend to be too high and wide to be really classic. Although perhaps that could be negotiated in a repeat order. Mina is uncommonly eager to please even her American clients who don't understand Naples.
post #4689 of 11098
I don't think NsM's lapels are really that wide. Def not approaching Nutter proportions. But if you want them skinnier you can def ask for that. As for gorge height, Mina double checks height with me on pretty much every commission.
post #4690 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

I like the look of his lapels-- NsM's tend to be too high and wide to be really classic. Although perhaps that could be negotiated in a repeat order. Mina is uncommonly eager to please even her American clients who don't understand Naples.

I was under the same impression too until I received my finished coats, she made my lapels 9 cm which is basically 3.5" whereas I wanted closer to 4". She did ask about height of lapel notch, I will go for 9.5 cm lapel width and slightly lower notch on future stuff.
post #4691 of 11098
Good to know. It appears that their default setting for notches is about an inch above the collarbone, while the jackets that look best to me have it sit right on the collarbone.
post #4692 of 11098
Also, has anyone been able to get them to line a jacket completely? Their partial-lining may be great for summer sport coats, but it makes flannels and tweed stick to your shirt in weird ways.
post #4693 of 11098
Also think that NSM cuts a different lapel angle, if you know what I mean, that could make the lapels look higher. I actually like the lapel angle of Panico's stuff, it looks much much better.
post #4694 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Also, has anyone been able to get them to line a jacket completely? Their partial-lining may be great for summer sport coats, but it makes flannels and tweed stick to your shirt in weird ways.

Yes, some of mine are lined since I asked for it. They don't attach the lining at the bottom hem because they feel that it always ends up sagging and killing the line of the back hem with wear - and they're probably right on that.
post #4695 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Also, has anyone been able to get them to line a jacket completely? Their partial-lining may be great for summer sport coats, but it makes flannels and tweed stick to your shirt in weird ways.

 

Just ask her to line the jacket (or shorten the gorge, narrow the lapels etc.) You make it sound like she's intransigent, which has never been my experience.

 

At my request, most of my NSM coats are completely lined, have a lower buttoning point / narrower lapels on DBs than her default style.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread