Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 288
True but sometimes it's hard to source those weights. I was at my tailor looking for a winter-weight boring charcoal worsted and did not have any luck, apparently few people are looking for that kind of fabric so I'm hoping the LL Mistral gets made. Either that or check if Steed has the P&B Universal book next time he's in town...
Getting this thread back on track -
LL Agnelli by Lovat, and the famed Hunters of Brora tweed:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ET, I love the Agnelli but dont think I really understand the tweed. Is it for a sportcoat? Would be interested to see the final product made up, right now it looks to me like Christmas wrapping paper.
Yup, def a sportcoat - surprised you think so, as its not a crazy design for a Scottish tweed.
Two other tweed companies that don't get much play are Haggarts and Glenlyon. Although I have heard that there is some connection between the two, I have purchased from each of them separately. The cloth I received from each was first-rate, particularly the 26 oz. from Haggarts. I also read in a previous post that Glenlyon cloth is 1-ply. Not true as far I can tell and it's pretty unlikely given that they make some pretty heavy stuff.
etkl - I plan on having the Hunter's made up early next yr, and will certainly post pics.
Never tried Haggarts (would you have a link?), but I can't imagine Glenlyon being single-ply. Imo, the best tweed value (other than traditional Harris) is Islay (the makers of Huntsman's house tweeds).
- › Further Price Drops! NIB Edward Green Malvern II Dark Oak White... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Price Drop Alert! NWT Corneliani Super 150 Wool Suit 50 7R EU / 40... 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE: MYSELF WHEN MY WALL IS REAL (SEPTEMBER 26 to... 9 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWT Corneliani Super 110 Wool Suit 56 6R EU / 46 US... 11 minutes ago
- › Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...