or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 273

post #4081 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

There are some denimheads over at SW&D who have rocked 21oz raw denim, what is the purpose of the trousers? Perhaps for adventuring/motorcycling, seems a little excessive for a chino-type pant.

A little less:

0ZBeA.jpg

I like it for winter.
post #4082 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

A little less:
0ZBeA.jpg
I like it for winter.
Winter is coming.
post #4083 of 11373
for the tweed fanbois:

1350685657.jpg

1350685761.jpg

1350685579.jpg


eventually this stuff will be funded in one way or another

1350685813.jpg
post #4084 of 11373
^ Scabal swatches?
post #4085 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

There are some denimheads over at SW&D who have rocked 21oz raw denim, what is the purpose of the trousers? Perhaps for adventuring/motorcycling, seems a little excessive for a chino-type pant.

A little less:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0ZBeA.jpg

I like it for winter.

I don't have real winters over here, so I admit my perspective is worthless in this discussion. That fabric you posted looks delicious NOBD, makes me wish it snowed in Brisbane.
post #4086 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

^ Scabal swatches?

H&S but I just became a Scabal customer so I'll post some of that stuff when I get it.
post #4087 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

H&S but I just became a Scabal customer so I'll post some of that stuff when I get it.

Thanks - that would be great.
post #4088 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

H&S but I just became a Scabal customer so I'll post some of that stuff when I get it.

Thought the 880007CP looked familiar, I had a sportscoat made from it earlier this year. Glad to have a tweed sportscoat in my wardrobe, very versatile garments to have in the winter.
post #4089 of 11373
What weight would you say I should get to wear a sport coat without coat in 40F-50F weather?
post #4090 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

What weight would you say I should get to wear a sport coat without coat in 40F-50F weather?

Tolerance varies, but I'd say 16oz.+
post #4091 of 11373
What are you planning to do with all of that, Ed?
post #4092 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

I don't have real winters over here, so I admit my perspective is worthless in this discussion. That fabric you posted looks delicious NOBD, makes me wish it snowed in Brisbane.

It's great. Very soft. Completely different from denim of that weight, I assume. I'd like to try really heavy denim as well, though.
post #4093 of 11373
Speaking of heavy fabrics, I'm interested in some @13-14 oz. fabric in DARK, almost-but-not-quite-black charcoal. I've looked at a woolen flannel from Fox but in that weight but their charcoal isn't dark enough; their worsted flannel is the right shade but too light and I was hoping to go woolen anyway. Golden Bale also has the right shade is also too light in weight, basically the same weight as the Fox worsted.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was going to look at the Minnis 0302 (14 oz. charcoal, woolen I think) next time Mina and Dino were in town. I'd prefer woolen flannel but will go worsted if I can't find the right shade in woolen.
post #4094 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

for the tweed fanbois:
1350685761.jpg

eventually this stuff will be funded in one way or another

The pink houndstooth will make a smashing jacket. If a suit, then three piece, peak lapels and double breasted vest. Worn with spectators.
-
post #4095 of 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_horton View Post

Speaking of heavy fabrics, I'm interested in some @13-14 oz. fabric in DARK, almost-but-not-quite-black charcoal. I've looked at a woolen flannel from Fox but in that weight but their charcoal isn't dark enough; their worsted flannel is the right shade but too light and I was hoping to go woolen anyway. Golden Bale also has the right shade is also too light in weight, basically the same weight as the Fox worsted.
Anyone have any suggestions? I was going to look at the Minnis 0302 (14 oz. charcoal, woolen I think) next time Mina and Dino were in town. I'd prefer woolen flannel but will go worsted if I can't find the right shade in woolen.

Smith Steadfast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread