or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 19905
^Nice cloth. Is the mid grey flannel Minnis 0301? I'm trying to decide between it and 0317 at 475 grams, but both are the same color, and it looks very nice here.
post #407 of 19905
Thread Starter 
Minnis 400g is so so so so so warm. 475 would wear like a coke oven.
post #408 of 19905
Those are 300 and 301. They are definitely lighter in color as compared to here.
post #409 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Minnis 400g is so so so so so warm. 475 would wear like a coke oven.
Thanks for the advice. I have the Minnis 400g in dark air force blue flannel but haven't had it made up yet. Beautiful cloth though. I guess I"ll go with 0301 for the mid grey. I also have a watch of Fox flannel in 370/400g. It's about the same color. But when you hold it up to light the Minnis just looks so much denser. Can anyone comment on the differences in the construction between the two? Manton, you said on a previous thread years ago, I think, that Fox made some of the Minnis flannels. Is that still the case?
post #410 of 19905
Thread Starter 
I think that today Fox is making for Harrison, and Minnis has another supplier. Certainly, the Minnis these days is a lot denser and stiffer.
post #411 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
I too think it's beautiful ... I'd certainly wear it ... but only you know whether it's right for you.

Of course ... if you don't turn it into a jacket ... or sell it ... you could do what I sometimes do ...

The one on the bottom left, is that from an FNB vest fabric?
post #412 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Minnis 400g is so so so so so warm. 475 would wear like a coke oven.
Agree that Minnis wears warm. I wore the mid-gray 400g flannel narrow chalk stripe on Friday and it was toasty. I have a final fitting of the Air Force blue flannel next week and should be getting it at the beginning of December.
post #413 of 19905
Thread Starter 
BTW, I picked up 3 yards of 100% camel hair overcoating, but have been too lazy to take a picture.
post #414 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
The one on the bottom left, is that from an FNB vest fabric?

Good guess, but cuniculus BMI could be too low.


- B
post #415 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
BTW, I picked up 3 yards of 100% camel hair overcoating, but have been too lazy to take a picture.

The camel hair we've been discussing or sourced from somewhere else? I should be having a first fitting on the that next week, too.
post #416 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
BTW, I picked up 3 yards of 100% camel hair overcoating, but have been too lazy to take a picture.

Is three yards enough for polo coat?


- B
post #417 of 19905
Thread Starter 
Same one. Actually, I have 3.5, if anyone wants to count. Should be more than enough.
post #418 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Same one. Actually, I have 3.5, if anyone wants to count. Should be more than enough.

You went for the lighter, classic shade? I'm basically having an exact copy of this coat made up in the vicuna colored pure camel hair.

post #419 of 19905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
You went for the lighter, classic shade? I'm basically having an exact copy of this coat made up in the vicuna colored pure camel hair.


Yes, of the two Harrison shades, mine is closer to the lighter one.

The Polo mansion has an absolutley perfect polo coat right now, correct in every detail. If it had fit better, I might have bought that instead.
post #420 of 19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Yes, of the two Harrison shades, mine is closer to the lighter one. The Polo mansion has an absolutley perfect polo coat right now, correct in every detail. If it had fit better, I might have bought that instead.
Hmmm...too late for that. I can't wait to get mine, though. Scored a great piece of Harris Tweed from an old book that Raphael had laying around and got lucky when they actually had some left in stock. What do you think of the Barbera saxony cloth for Lesser? Raph has a beautiful length of gray-blue herringbone suiting that I'm think of making into a 3 piece.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread