Originally Posted by Slickman
Believe it or not, I have the city gun club, and it is beautiful, but I am looking for a slightly different color palette. Starting a cloth club on sf would be great, but I am definitely not qualified to organize it, however I would love to get this going, if at all possible. I remember slew creating a fresco in a shade of brown slightly different from that offered by minnis, perhaps he can comment on the process.
The process is fairly straightforward, just time consuming.
1) You check with a mill that they can make something like what you want while starting a dialogue on specifics such as weight, colors, texture, etc. Then you wait 4 - 6 weeks or so for test swatches.
2) You then select a test swatch (or do another test phase) and take photos for members and outline the costs.
3) After getting commitments and organizing them on a spreadsheet you send in the order which will likely take around 8+ weeks for them to complete. You need to have shipping addresses to get shipping quotes from the mills which add to each person's total cost. Don't forget to consider Foreign Exchange fees on PayPal and any other PayPal fees.
4) Collect money from SF members and then send along payment to the mill in one lump sum.
5) The mill then ships everything out. It was a bit tricky for members who were in the EU as the costs are different for shipping (less) and VAT (more).
And all the while just be very cordial and grateful with the mill in your conversations.