or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

I think that would defeat the purpose of a summer suit. I'd just get them lined regularly and not sweat it. Do you have any unlined stuff from Frank?

Couple of jackets, yes, but he's done a few summer pieces for me fully lined, and he uses the right linings you can't tell the difference.
post #2972 of 11056

G&R Shirtings (pink + blue are Luna 170s, the stripes are 120s):

 

002.JPG

 

Bonfanti (the blue is 120s, the purple is a 170s voile):

 

001.JPG

 

Dugdale / Fisher (13oz. worsted and a 15oz. cavalry twill):

 

004.JPG

 

Harrison's 11oz. Premier Cru (discontinued design - charcoal with very faint burgundy windowpanes):

 

003.JPG

post #2973 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Question about Slewfoot's Fresco Crew, or any others with similarly weighted fresco:
I have hairy legs, and the hair will peek through the open weave of the fresco, so I am thinking about lining the pants all the way past the knee. Will that defeat the purpose of a summer suit? I'm having it lined with a dark slate grey lining that has a very subtle brown stripe. I thought about doing it quarter lined, but decided against it. Should I have the pants unlined, lined regularly (just the top half), or as I have planned?

I am having him line the front of mine past the knee. Sounds odd, but my kneecaps sweat like a motherfucker and without lining it soaks right though the trousers. No joke.
post #2974 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I am having him line the front of mine past the knee. Sounds odd, but my kneecaps sweat like a motherfucker and without lining it soaks right though the trousers. No joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Question about Slewfoot's Fresco Crew, or any others with similarly weighted fresco:

I have hairy legs, and the hair will peek through the open weave of the fresco, so I am thinking about lining the pants all the way past the knee. Will that defeat the purpose of a summer suit? I'm having it lined with a dark slate grey lining that has a very subtle brown stripe. I thought about doing it quarter lined, but decided against it. Should I have the pants unlined, lined regularly (just the top half), or as I have planned?


This is yet anotther set of examples that refute the conjecture that we cromagnons dispatched all of you at the beginning of the current interglacial.

Some of you escaped, and can be seen here and also in most Trader Joes.
post #2975 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

This is yet anotther set of examples that refute the conjecture that we cromagnons dispatched all of you at the beginning of the current interglacial.
Some of you escaped, and can be seen here and also in most Trader Joes.

I get a sweaty heiny as well as a sweaty low-knee. rimshot.gif
post #2976 of 11056
ET, swell fabrics.
post #2977 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I get a sweaty heiny as well as a sweaty low-knee. rimshot.gif

Rob and you should have Ercoles make you a set of Bemberg long johns to wear under your suits from neck to ankle.
post #2978 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Rob and you should have Ercoles make you a set of Bemberg long johns to wear under your suits from neck to ankle.

One step ahead of you. The silk ones made me sweat too much, but the plus side was I was able to wring out the oils to use in my penne puttanesca.
post #2979 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

One step ahead of you.

When my people refer to a "sweaty heiney," we are talking about a bottle of beer during the hazy days of summer.
post #2980 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

When my people refer to a "sweaty heiney," we are talking about a bottle of beer during the hazy days of summer.

"Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

-Frank Booth (father and mentor of Patrick Booth)
post #2981 of 11056
Guys, you're scaring the children.
post #2982 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Guys, you're scaring the children.

New Yorkers who buy Pabst Blue Ribbon can save a lot of time by popping the cans open and pouring them out directly in their choice of doorway alcove, alley, sidewalk, or parked convertible with top down.

Probably saves a good fifteen minutes.
post #2983 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

New Yorkers who buy Pabst Blue Ribbon can save a lot of time by popping the cans open and pouring them out directly in their choice of doorway alcove, alley, sidewalk, or parked convertible with top down.
Probably saves a good fifteen minutes.

I had to read that twice, but now I get it.
post #2984 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


-Frank Booth (father and mentor of Patrick Booth)

Patrick this is your father," go clean your room and talk with your internet buddies later!"
post #2985 of 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

This is yet anotther set of examples that refute the conjecture that we cromagnons dispatched all of you at the beginning of the current interglacial.
Some of you escaped, and can be seen here and also in most Trader Joes.

they could wax like seemingly many SF'ers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread