or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1303

post #19531 of 19898

I'm curious, how does gaberdine compare to cavalry twill? Is it quite similar in practice?

post #19532 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Slewfoot and Slewfoot tobacco brown fresco together again. Been enjoying this fabric more and more as the years go by. Hope you guys have been liking it as well!
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 Bloody marvellous-  both your pic and my suit, thx.  Just the shoe color to match I find a challenge. 

post #19533 of 19898
Anyone willing to hop in on a rerun of that Fresco? I'm in for a 3 piece worth.
post #19534 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Anyone willing to hop in on a rerun of that Fresco? I'm in for a 3 piece worth.

I'd be in for a few meters
post #19535 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Slewfoot and Slewfoot tobacco brown fresco together again. Been enjoying this fabric more and more as the years go by. Hope you guys have been liking it as well!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That Vina Tondonia from Lopez is one of my favorite Riojas. And I've been on tobacco brown kick as well (contemplating a suit for S/S, an EG MTO in tobacco suede, and just bought a bomber jacket from RLPL in tobacco brown suede). Looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Anyone willing to hop in on a rerun of that Fresco? I'm in for a 3 piece worth.
I would be in for 3.5 meters
post #19536 of 19898

 

 

 

 

Just in to sale and do ties:

 

Three references of this fantastic slubby Linen, wool, silk and cashmere.

post #19537 of 19898
Let me ask around a bit and see the process. I'd be happy to organize it, though I'm quite certain those who have organized buys like these in the past know FAR more about it than me.

Either way, I'll look into it, and see if we can legitimately get the ball rolling on it 👍
post #19538 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Let me ask around a bit and see the process. I'd be happy to organize it, though I'm quite certain those who have organized buys like these in the past know FAR more about it than me.

Either way, I'll look into it, and see if we can legitimately get the ball rolling on it 👍

You need a minimum of 60m, which is roughly 20 people signing on.
post #19539 of 19898
gents what would you guys recommend for a sport jacket cloth that would be worn mostly with denim/chinos? I would probably not cross it over into the wool trouser family.
preference is all year weight, but am open to other suggestions. Also am open to whether people think the jacket should be soft shoulder (steed) or minimal shoulder (formosa, ring, etc)
post #19540 of 19898
Denim and chinos usually work best with textured fabrics, but more important is: they're worn casually.

Otherwise you're in Reevolving's universe.
post #19541 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Denim and chinos usually work best with textured fabrics, but more important is: they're worn casually.

Otherwise you're in Reevolving's universe.

 

No argument here. I'd look at tweeds or faux tweeds to get you that texture. Or maybe dieworkwear's silk/linen blend if you have a length of that. I could see that working with jeans.

post #19542 of 19898

I can see a tan gunclub with blue overcheck working well with blue or white jeans (and chinos of course). 

post #19543 of 19898
I had dinner with UrbanComposition recently and he wore this sport coat with denim, which I thought looked pretty good

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGq4lKDk2z/?taken-by=urbancomposition

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJJC01XD-AS/?taken-by=urbancomposition

Not sure that's really a year round cloth, but it might work three seasons in San Francisco.
post #19544 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Keep us apprised with these icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Fox Twist:
Swatches came yesterday. Not at all flannelly, and they seem to be slow to take wrinkles. The p&p/sharkskin, while feeling nothing like Fresco, Finmeresco, or Brisa, is remarkably porous. The blue/black gunclub looks a lot like a worsted Alsport, but is as light and airy as the suiting.

Definitely on the list to explore further.
post #19545 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post
 

Really good summer gunclub

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread