or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1296

post #19426 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post


Not quite brotatoe chip, I am the reflection of perfection, the number 1 selection. I just like to wear my digs and noticed some items work better for certain social situations.
 

post #19427 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Ok Lordsuperb. Since I like you (despite the fact that you've transformed a meaningful thread about double breasted style into a google image search for the words "double breasted")

Weird. When I search "double breasted" I get images of topless women or something weird like this:

hands-free-breast-pump1-214x300.jpg
post #19428 of 19904

Those are some pretty dope 'roids the beard guy is on.

post #19429 of 19904
With weather cooling down, I thought I'd gauge interest for these tweeds. I won't make them up and they've been sitting in my closet for a few years now. The gunclub is not available but all others are, if anyone is interested, please pm me.





post #19430 of 19904
Those are sweet. In particular the burgundy one on the right in the first pic
post #19431 of 19904
Could youbPM me w w pic of bottom left please
post #19432 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Those are some pretty dope 'roids the beard guy is on.

Of the fast acting kind. Really cool but you'll die of heart attack the next day.
post #19433 of 19904

@forex is the green one the london lounge slewfoot tweed?

post #19434 of 19904
No, the green is Lovat tweed.
post #19435 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

No, the green is Lovat tweed.
Hmm I may have that same green Lovat tweed. Is it around 16 oz and less saturated in color than the pic indicates?
post #19436 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Ok Lordsuperb. Since I like you (despite the fact that you've transformed a meaningful thread about double breasted style into a google image search for the words "double breasted") I'm going to help you out here. We are now taking about your admitted lack of succes in the sexual sphere. The problem isn't that your suits are too casual or too constructed. The problem is that, as you state, you are wearing your tailored clothes to go out at night. This constitutes "Suit Fraud", which is defined as wearing a suit not because you have to, but because you want to give your sexual targets the impression that you have to wear a suit. This reeks of desperation, dishonesty and a lack of confidence. The punishment for the crime of Suit Fraud is sexual isolation.

Your options are to (1) change your gear, (2) get a job that requires a suit or (3) develop the ability to show as a person who wears a suit comfortably as a second skin despite not being required to do so (see for example the kardashian boy toy Scott Dissick, with whom I believe you share a tailor).

My advice would be to chose option 3. It's much more fun to wear what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

^ and that's gym fraud. Cut this shit out, superb


Why you wanna treat me so bad..........
post #19437 of 19904
I'm actually really interested in the topic you raised. Do you really think certain fabrics aren't suited to structured tailoring? And does it run both ways? For example, do you think there are more formal materials that don't work with softer tailoring? I'm curious. I'm working on building my summer wardrobe and I'm not planning to leave the structure behind, but the comments are making me think about it.
post #19438 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

I'm actually really interested in the topic you raised. Do you really think certain fabrics aren't suited to structured tailoring? And does it run both ways? For example, do you think there are more formal materials that don't work with softer tailoring? I'm curious. I'm working on building my summer wardrobe and I'm not planning to leave the structure behind, but the comments are making me think about it.

What happened to developing the ability to show as a person who wears a suit comfortably as a second skin despite not being required to do so?

You know after PatrickBooth made the comment about wearing a suit for all occasions even for a barbecue during the peak of summer. I started to question whether or not one could be poorly dressed when wearing a basic suit.

I think a structured coat will be fine for any situation but it won't always be optimal. Structured clothing looks good for business wear but can look a bit stuffy or SHARP for informal situations. If you are going to keep the structured look I would look at some of David Reeves fit picks. I think his style, BOLD, works for informal situations.
post #19439 of 19904
That sounds like gobbledegook. That sounds like everything I hate. Its sycophancy, infancy, and Dieworkwear-ism: devotion to a silly set of meaningless platitudes that serve mainly to win the approval of strangers on the internet. It's as ridiculous as saying that you can't wear a Neapolitan or other softly tailored suit in a business setting (that is in fact the natural corollary of your statement). It's lunacy and ludicrous. It's absurd.

I get the reaction to the Taub jacket I posted above, but I get it because of the pagoda shoulders and the high rope. Those things are meant to appeal to some and also meant to not appeal to others. And that's why you don't like it; not because of the casual fabric. Would you have know it was linen and unlined if I hadn't told you? Be honest. I doubt it. And how about a Huntsman tweed shooting suit? Is it too formal for the murder of grouse?

I have to say, Superb, I'm disappointed in you. And not just the normal disappointment I feel when I open the "what are you wearing today" thread. Real sadness. I hope you can explain better why you've suddenly decided why wearing what I want and what looks great isn't appropriate. You've changed and I liked the old lordsuperb better. I'm starting to wish Sprout2 was here to say something so unfunny that I had to disconnect for a few days.
post #19440 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

That sounds like gobbledegook. That sounds like everything I hate. Its sycophancy, infancy, and Dieworkwear-ism: devotion to a silly set of meaningless platitudes that serve mainly to win the approval of strangers on the internet. It's as ridiculous as saying that you can't wear a Neapolitan or other softly tailored suit in a business setting (that is in fact the natural corollary of your statement). It's lunacy and ludicrous. It's absurd.

I get the reaction to the Taub jacket I posted above, but I get it because of the pagoda shoulders and the high rope. Those things are meant to appeal to some and also meant to not appeal to others. And that's why you don't like it; not because of the casual fabric. Would you have know it was linen and unlined if I hadn't told you? Be honest. I doubt it. And how about a Huntsman tweed shooting suit? Is it too formal for the murder of grouse?

I have to say, Superb, I'm disappointed in you. And not just the normal disappointment I feel when I open the "what are you wearing today" thread. Real sadness. I hope you can explain better why you've suddenly decided why wearing what I want and what looks great isn't appropriate. You've changed and I liked the old lordsuperb better. I'm starting to wish Sprout2 was here to say something so unfunny that I had to disconnect for a few days.

1. I probably disagree with most Dieworkwear-isms, but concede to some.

2. Everyone interprets clothing differently. --> me = purple jacket/barbershop quarter get up

3. Im not looking for props, its just what I observe when going out.

4. Wear what you want.

5. Last but not least: Style and profile........



Edited by lordsuperb - 10/5/16 at 8:41pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread