or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1277

post #19141 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Thanks a lot, interesting to hear. I already suspected that the differences would be quite insignificant. But maybe I should try at least one of each smile.gif
Yes, that is a decent plan. Generally, it is supposed that Minnis is a little warmer and more sturdy. Whether that is true for you, and constitutes a good thing, is often impossible to predict.
post #19142 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Yes, that is a decent plan. Generally, it is supposed that Minnis is a little warmer and more sturdy. Whether that is true for you, and constitutes a good thing, is often impossible to predict.

Both would definitely be assets to me, since I tend to run cold and I would have to use them for riding my bike to and from work (I know, not exactly extending their lifetime). But thanks for your inputs!
post #19143 of 20294

We talk a lot about what are favorite fabrics in conservative and safe patterns, but what are some of your favorite more unusual and bold cloths?

I ask because I went for a fitting and realized that all of my fall commissions are some variation of brownish gray :cry: 

 

I'm especially interested to hear about refined cloths that are not extreme tweed for the outback and are not sleazy Loro Piana style. I had a look at the Moon hacking jacket and tweed bunches discussed above and, while interestingly colored, the porous shetland style is simply too rustic for regular use.


Edited by sprout2 - 9/17/16 at 11:39pm
post #19144 of 20294
Any experience with Fratelli Tallia di Delfino Brughiera? I've come across a couple of photos that look interesting:




I'd be interested in how it makes up and how it wears.

Also, I can't find any mention of the Brughiera book on the web site, so I wonder if it might have been discontinued.
post #19145 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Both would definitely be assets to me, since I tend to run cold and I would have to use them for riding my bike to and from work (I know, not exactly extending their lifetime). But thanks for your inputs!

Note that the new Minnis flannels are a little heaver than the old ones. They wear like iron, definitely recommended for (gentle) biking.
post #19146 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanthom View Post

Note that the new Minnis flannels are a little heaver than the old ones. They wear like iron, definitely recommended for (gentle) biking.

Great info, thanks! Are we talking the 14/15 oz version here?
post #19147 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanthom View Post

Any experience with Fratelli Tallia di Delfino Brughiera? I've come across a couple of photos that look interesting: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



I'd be interested in how it makes up and how it wears.

Also, I can't find any mention of the Brughiera book on the web site, so I wonder if it might have been discontinued.

I don't have anything, but I thought the book was nice. Some photos of swatches I liked:




post #19148 of 20294

I have Brughiera stuff, some of it is more durable than others. I believe some of it overlaps with stuff in the Grand Tour book, some of which is flimsy. The moleskins from the same book are good for pants. I believe @lordsuperb and I both have the same glen check jacket from it.

post #19149 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Great info, thanks! Are we talking the 14/15 oz version here?

Yes.
post #19150 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I don't have anything, but I thought the book was nice. Some photos of swatches I liked:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Those are nice. I wonder what the cashmere content is.
post #19151 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

I have Brughiera stuff, some of it is more durable than others. I believe some of it overlaps with stuff in the Grand Tour book, some of which is flimsy. The moleskins from the same book are good for pants. I believe @lordsuperb
and I both have the same glen check jacket from it.

Aha, I assumed they were all the same wool/cashmere mix. Is yours w/c, and if so does it wear warm?
post #19152 of 20294

Tbh I did not realize until now it had cashmere content. I think they come in a few different weights, might be wrong though. Does not wearm warm wears normal. Feels nice

post #19153 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

Tbh I did not realize until now it had cashmere content. I think they come in a few different weights, might be wrong though. Does not wearm warm wears normal. Feels nice

OK, thanks.
post #19154 of 20294

Funded:

post #19155 of 20294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

I have Brughiera stuff, some of it is more durable than others. I believe some of it overlaps with stuff in the Grand Tour book, some of which is flimsy. The moleskins from the same book are good for pants. I believe @lordsuperb
and I both have the same glen check jacket from it.

P&H Glenroyal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread