Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/23/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:55 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1270
I see that you're a flake, too!
This is most certainly not a forum for gentlemen -- have you read this forum? This is a place for jocks, bros, perverts, sycophants, hangers-on, freaks, bigots, Momma's boys, prima donnnas, ambulance chasers, cosplayers, big spenders, penny pinchers, weirdos, manchildren, and published authors.
I think you might be looking for the Fedora Lounge. That's Exit 56 off of the I-80, just past the the America's Largest Monk Strap Shoe roadside exhibit. (The shoe is actually a hotel you can spend the night in!)
Another way to approach this. What does durable mean to you? How often would the flannel be worn?
You would probably only wear the flannel during cooler weather so it gets a rest for half of the year. Even though I have clients who wear flannel all year round, even in Texas.
Would you wear this once a twice a week or once or twice per month?
How many suits in your rotation?
If you don't have many suits and will wear this frequently/weekly you should consider getting something other than flannel until you have more suits in rotation. The nap on a flannel cloth will deteriorate with age and wear thru. You do have the option of ordering a second trouser. The trouser is more prone to wear issues.
If not worn hard/frequently get a flannel that feels right to you. Worsted flannels are sturdier and have a firmer hand. Woollen flannel is soft to the touch. You have to decide which you prefer. Flannel is not a "durable" cloth by nature, regardless if there is a cashmere content.
A boy can only have sex with farm animals so many times before he yearns for the lights of the big city.
We should definitely trade sprout farming lore when I order a suit from you.
That's pretty cool. Do you have anything in an exploded houndstooth motif? I want something that shows I respect tradition and the past, but not so much that I'm fuddy-duddy or daddish, but more of a stylish man about town who is true to himself and doesn't follow the crowd, so not too normcore or mall prep, and ideally something I can wear four seasons and has a bit of textural interest, even better if I can wear the helmet as part of a BlazerSuit and occasionally wear the helmet as separates. Also quick question for you as a tailor, would it be good to order two helmets since it is subject to wear and tear and I might need to replace it sooner if it gets blow-out in areas experiencing stress and friction? Also should I be concerned about heat while welding? I run hot. Can the back of the helmet be unlined?
Here are a couple of my candidates, tell me if any of these are good
*Also im not sure if the last one is for welding I found it on Etsy
You've been on styleforum long enough to know, It's all about the fit!
All this packaging stuff is from things I ordered on Etsy last week. A box or two that didn't fit in the picture. Waiting for one more item to arrive
Not wanting to purchase a tie ≠ my Paypal is broken (even after I proposed you fund it through a CC or bank account like a normal person!).
It's definitely possible that you didn't want to buy it! It's quite clear, in fact! If only you had just said so instead of making up grade-school level, eBay-style excuses. Is it even clear to you what I'm indicting you for? Lurk Moar Noob.
Using Styleforum to vicariously learn is welcome. The solution was already provided above: Lurk Moar Noob. If you can't afford secondhand tie, refrain from backseating comments about Escorial cloth. Based on the current inertia, it's not long before your enthusiasm leads you to impulse buy some fabric. You will really piss off some serious sellers if you flake on them, let alone make up lame-o excuses. You don't want to feel edmorel's wrath.
If you insist upon being a twat, please refrain from being a presumptuous one. I would provide the background the accurate rationale I gave you, but you and I both know I'm not changing your mind, so I'll spare you the time reading and myself the time typing.
Having purchased probably 40ish ties from SF affiliates, I think the rather cunty "neener neener you can't afford it" is uncalled for, but I digress.
Please don't present the idea that I flaked. I decided against purchasing a tie from you, one that you were selling at an identical cost to going through Hober directly. If I don't REALLY want something, I look to the value proposition. Yours didn't provide an adequate one to make the purchase, so I did not. Last time I checked, inquiring about a good and not purchasing said good is not flaking...though it is clear you're not in a profession that relies upon a customer's freedom to choose lol. My apologies for erring against providing this as a rationale way back when.
I ASK questions about items (in this case, fabric), I hope to purchase. If a poster deems me unworthy of a response, he or she can certainly decide NOT to respond. If the poster does, I will appreciate their input/expertise. If they do not, no harm done to me.
I do sincerely apologize for giving you B&S blueballs, and I do apologize for enjoying the recent (on topic) posts in this thread. but please don't be a cunt about any and all things I choose to post.
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent NEW Black Suede London 20 Side Zip Boots size 41.5 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 39 minutes ago
- › TOD's cardholder blue alligator BNIB tods 47 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway