Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1251
Maybe @edmorel can assist. I swear I remember him discussing this once upon a time...
He should be your man or at least provide an opinion as he had something for sale previously in this link on the subject.
In this context I agree, but not as much as a general rule. I do find that additional color contrast helps here as there's not going to be textural contrast between linen and linen (usually), so a RAF / navy blue linen odd jacket works fine with white / cream / light tan linen trousers.
I like all the suggestions mentioned above -- olive, stone, raw denim, etc. I would just add navy (like raw denim, but in a more tailored form).
Regarding that Ring Jacket, I assume they had the fabric custom woven for them. That's how a lot of ready-to-wear manufacturers operate.
Fabric on that RJ looks good.
^ OK, but off white and cream are quite similar, at least in my mind.
What color would you guys consider these pents? Stone? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd call those stone.
Fwiw, imo, putty would be darker, almost khaki, and pewter would be even darker with much more gray. I could see it being called oyster though. To me, stone is an off-white with a gray cast, while cream is off-white with a yellow cast. But maybe I'm alone in that.
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 37 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 49 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 54 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...