or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1249

post #18721 of 19308
For some reason, I also think of Breanish Tweed as "spongy." Is that the general consensus here?
post #18722 of 19308
Impressed by Escorial fabrics, hmm but the cashmere like hand feel makes me worried that it is hot, even the lightweight one
post #18723 of 19308
[DELETED] my question was answered in the tailors' thread
Edited by scatterbrain - 8/25/16 at 8:11am
post #18724 of 19308

I found a nice navy jacket in Escorial last year. It's definitely a cool weather cloth, but doesn't wear any hotter than, say Moonbeam, which I find very comfortable in shoulder seasons.  It has great depth of color, a nice hand and drape, and I enjoy wearing it. Not sure how tough it is, and but I haven't owned it long enough to be sure. I treat it like cashmere just to be safe.  

post #18725 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybarron View Post
 

I found a nice navy jacket in Escorial last year. It's definitely a cool weather cloth, but doesn't wear any hotter than, say Moonbeam, which I find very comfortable in shoulder seasons.  It has great depth of color, a nice hand and drape, and I enjoy wearing it. Not sure how tough it is, and but I haven't owned it long enough to be sure. I treat it like cashmere just to be safe.  

It's generally regarded as being quite durable, despite it's cashmere-esque hand.

post #18726 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

It's generally regarded as being quite durable, despite it's cashmere-esque hand.

Thanks. I should treat it more like a beater anyway. It's not an ideal fit despite alterations, but I thought the cloth was too good to pass up. 

post #18727 of 19308

I'm looking for some Donegal Tweed for an overcoat during winter. Any good fabric choices that I should consider? I'm not sure where to look and would be grateful for some pointers.

post #18728 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by seferphier View Post

I'm looking for some Donegal Tweed for an overcoat during winter. Any good fabric choices that I should consider? I'm not sure where to look and would be grateful for some pointers.

The herringbones at Molloy would work for a topcoat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/
post #18729 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by seferphier View Post

I'm looking for some Donegal Tweed for an overcoat during winter. Any good fabric choices that I should consider? I'm not sure where to look and would be grateful for some pointers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

The herringbones at Molloy would work for a topcoat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/

post #18730 of 19308
Is that Musella Dembech? Really nice.
post #18731 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Is that Musella Dembech? Really nice.
post #18732 of 19308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post


The herringbones at Molloy would work for a topcoat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/


Looks fantastic. I love the colors.

post #18733 of 19308
Is anybody up for a fantasy football league?
post #18734 of 19308
Go to the NFL Thread. They're making one
post #18735 of 19308
word
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread