Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1243

post #18631 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Finished up this dark green Dormeuil mohair and silk a couple weeks ago. Starting to see much more in the way of colors in the books these days.



Its actually a bit darker but the iPhone in HD comes up brighter

 

What book is that?

post #18632 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

What book is that?

Its in the new Dormeuil mohair book which is nice and extensive this year. The silk and mohair comes in lots of colors, I have so far made up the green, brown and a dark purple. Scabal brought out a similar quality this year as well called mustang.
post #18633 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post


Its in the new Dormeuil mohair book which is nice and extensive this year. The silk and mohair comes in lots of colors, I have so far made up the green, brown and a dark purple. Scabal brought out a similar quality this year as well called mustang.

Hi David,

 

I believe the existence of silk makes the fabrics a good jacketing but not suiting material?

post #18634 of 21255
frown.gif After 4 months of wear I've blown through the crotch of my ll piuma suit. Buyer BEWARE.
post #18635 of 21255
Now there's a real humble-brag.
post #18636 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Hi David,

I believe the existence of silk makes the fabrics a good jacketing but not suiting material?

I think it depends on the composition and the individual cloth. Although I see cloths as a medium for myself and or my clients to use as they like, sometimes you can tell a cloth is intended more as a trouser or jacket or suit. The Dormeuil silk and mohairs I think will wear fine as a suit (because that is the tacit intention with this cloth) but in my opinion I think they should be part of a relatively big suit rotation say 10 or more or worn infrequently.
I got a 100% silk cloth and made a suit out of it once, after a very sober dinner I could detect wear.
On other hand I have a 100% silk (Zegna cloth) suit, while it is delicate it is fine to wear 3 or 4 times a year for a special occasion.

I think we are seeing silk more in suits because of more occasional wear, when people do dress up they want something more luxurious and dressy. It's funny I keep getting people who read up on these boards saying things to me like how will this wear? And I say how often will you wear it and what are you going to do in it? Many times they will say, I'll wear it for weddings and events maybe 6 times a year, with that kind of use you really should be able to wear high super numbers or more luxury cloths. As long as you don't get rollicking drunk in them and wreck them.
post #18637 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post
As long as you don't get rollicking drunk in them and wreck them.

 

Cannot agree more with David, besides being reasonably gentle with your clothes, a well tailored clothing should allow movement.

post #18638 of 21255
This just arrived. Two meters of fluffy 14oz goodness.

post #18639 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

This just arrived. Two meters of fluffy 14oz goodness.

Abraham Moon 4904W/D2?
post #18640 of 21255
To be honest I have no idea. Got it from Yorkshire Fabrics, who AFAIK are simply merchants. Feels like shetland. It'll probably snag like crazy. Not dense at all. Been looking for years for the perfect brown tweed with green and red/orange, and went bonkers when I saw it. Should've ordered a sample but I'm glad I took a chance.
post #18641 of 21255

Looks like the epitome of autumn.  What are your plans for it?

post #18642 of 21255
Heading to Sicily smile.gif
post #18643 of 21255

Nice.

post #18644 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

To be honest I have no idea. Got it from Yorkshire Fabrics, who AFAIK are simply merchants. Feels like shetland. It'll probably snag like crazy. Not dense at all. Been looking for years for the perfect brown tweed with green and red/orange, and went bonkers when I saw it. Should've ordered a sample but I'm glad I took a chance.

Looks like this swatch I took a photo of three years ago.

post #18645 of 21255
Looks like it. Been also looking for the perfect green tweed, but the one you're getting made up may be it. I'd rather have a more solid-y dogstooth/gunclub. That one a couple swatches behind it looks nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread