I would say that is a succinct but accurate assessment.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 10/18/16 at 3:44pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1214
was that from @edmorel? He had 7 yards a little while back. Someone wanted 3.5 - I needed 4 because I was going to make the jacket and pants with different people. Still wondering if I shouldn't have done it anyway.
Good luck with having it made up; I'm sure it's going to look great.
I always struggle in the heat, and we're really in it now. Linen has always been my go-to shirting for hot weather, but I'm pretty excited to finally give this one a try...
I've been curious about this Acorn cloth (Leno) for a while, but the colors options in the book all look pretty ugly to me (white is fine, but looks very see-through).
That illustration depicting the weave? The cloth really looks like that up-close-- I got to inspect it with a jeweler's eyeglass because I'm interested in boring things.
Recently I noticed a lighter, more textured "Sky" (blue) available on the Acorn site, and ordered a length right away.
It's really lovely, and about as see-through as any linen of the same weight and color. Acorn doesn't make the finest cloths, but they have some good, interesting stuff. Their wool/cotton tattersalls are great, and I liked my first linen/bamboo blend so much that I'm having another made up:
What do you all wear to stay cool in the summer? What am I missing out on?
Thanks! Just ordered a length along with some other things to try.
For those interested, Acorn is having a sale until the end of this month. 25% off orders over 100 GBP with the checkout code HOT.
Picked up some of that Leno, along with some Barbados and Zephyr for summer. Also restocked on some striped Kings.
Cambridge also looked interesting, although @patrickBOOTH tells me the white version is a bit see-through. Seems to be an open plain weave like voile.
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 48 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROPS! ALDEN SALE - WHISKEY PTB, CIGAR LWB, TAN SUEDE... 8 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! EPAULET HEIRLOOM SHAWL CARDIGAN - ECRU NEP - SIZE... 10 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! VIBERG SERVICE BOOT - RUST HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL... 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...