or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1188

post #17806 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

Thanks, gents. I think the Smith Riband turned out really nicely. I was a little apprehensive about the small scale of the herringbone, but it's a beautiful fabric, and the visual texture is great.

 

 

I PM'd sacafotos, but I agree that he's probably looking for this from Drapers Seta e Lino (with credit to Greg/NMWA for the photos):


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

That stuff looks great, but iirc, it seemed too densely woven for hot, humid weather.

post #17807 of 19904
So what happened to the patterned PoW linen/linen mix?
post #17808 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

Thanks, gents. I think the Smith Riband turned out really nicely. I was a little apprehensive about the small scale of the herringbone, but it's a beautiful fabric, and the visual texture is great.

 

 

I PM'd sacafotos, but I agree that he's probably looking for this from Drapers Seta e Lino (with credit to Greg/NMWA for the photos):


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

That stuff looks great, but iirc, it seemed too densely woven for hot, humid weather.

 

I can only speak to the hot weather we had in the Bay Area last year, which isn't really hot or humid. I thought it was comfortable and breathed pretty well.

post #17809 of 19904

^I agree.  It's very good for Bay Area weather.  But I prefer something heavier w/ an open weave.  

 

My favorite fabric for hot weather is this Zegna:

 

At least, I think it's heavier than the Drapers.  The Drapers says it's 7.5 oz and 240 grams.  But 240 grams is 8.5 oz.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So what happened to the patterned PoW linen/linen mix?

+1 @edmorel?

 

I like this jacket posted by parkman24, which he says is made by Ring Jacket.  Maybe he could let us know who made the fabric.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman24 View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thanks for the overwhelming support gentlemen! I truly appreciate it.

 

As Boston begins to enjoy the summer weather, I am able to bust out the summer wardrobe finally :)

 

(Didn't have time to iron my collar this morning :facepalm:)

 


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Jacket: Ring Jacket

Shirt: Kamakura Shirts

Pocket Square: Kamakura Shirts

Trousers: Epaulet

Shoes: Saint Crispins

 
 

 

This is something I took a pic of at the NMWA trunk show:

 

I can't remember the fiber composition though.  Maybe Greg could let us know.

post #17810 of 19904
I think, for the most part, humidity is going to kick your ass in the dog days of summer no matter what you do.

For LA, I'd bet such a cloth would function just fine even up into the worst of summer, provided I'm not spending inordinate amounts of time actually "out" in that 100ish degree heat lol.
post #17811 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I can't remember the fiber composition though.  Maybe Greg could let us know.

 

75% virgin wool, 25% linen

post #17812 of 19904
@emptym thanks for the mention!

The jacket is Ring Jacket that was purchased from TheArmouryNYC

https://thearmoury.com/catalogs/artisans/ring-jacket/ring-jacket-water-linen-sport-coat-tan-prince-of-wales

I believe it was Prince of Wales water linen. Hope this helps!
post #17813 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
 

That stuff looks great, but iirc, it seemed too densely woven for hot, humid weather.

 

Absolutely not. IRL it's almost translucent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

 

At least, I think it's heavier than the Drapers.  The Drapers says it's 7.5 oz and 240 grams.  But 240 grams is 8.5 oz.

 

I'm sure I read somewhere an explanation of why cloth weights don't use the same conversion factors as standard imperial/metric.

 

I think it has something to do with the standard width of a metric vs. imperial bolt. Anyway, you are right in one respect: 7.5oz in avoirdupois weight is equal to about 212g metric, not 240g.

 

But when it comes to cloth weights, all bets are off and you have to start sacrificing virgins to get the correct figures.

post #17814 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
 

That stuff looks great, but iirc, it seemed too densely woven for hot, humid weather.

 

Absolutely not. IRL it's almost translucent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

 

At least, I think it's heavier than the Drapers.  The Drapers says it's 7.5 oz and 240 grams.  But 240 grams is 8.5 oz.

 

I'm sure I read somewhere an explanation of why cloth weights don't use the same conversion factors as standard imperial/metric.

 

I think it has something to do with the standard width of a metric vs. imperial bolt. Anyway, you are right in one respect: 7.5oz in avoirdupois weight is equal to about 212g metric, not 240g.

 

But when it comes to cloth weights, all bets are off and you have to start sacrificing virgins to get the correct figures.

 

I think oz should be per yard and gram should be per meter not to mix imprerial and metric.  1 meter = 1.09361 yard.  7.5 oz per yard is 233 g per meter which is closer to 240 g. 

post #17815 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
 

 

I think oz should be per yard and gram should be per meter not to mix imprerial and metric.  1 meter = 1.09361 yard.  7.5 oz per yard is 233 g per meter which is closer to 240 g. 


How dare you demystify tailoring voodoo.

post #17816 of 19904

Hi guys! i'm looking to buy a jacket length of Tobacco Minnis Fresco. If you guys have any lying around, let me know!;) 

post #17817 of 19904
Contact @AndrewRogers for fresco

Great service
post #17818 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post

Contact @AndrewRogers for fresco

Great service


Thanks!

post #17819 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lee Jin Yi View Post


Thanks!

If you are referring to the special run of tobacco Fresco that Slewfoot and Dieworkwear did, I don't think it's available in cut lengths as it is not a stock cloth.
post #17820 of 19904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lee Jin Yi View Post

Hi guys! i'm looking to buy a jacket length of Tobacco Minnis Fresco. If you guys have any lying around, let me know!wink.gif 
Last time I visited Ercole in Brooklyn, Frank had a jacket length on the shelf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread