Hopefully your experience with Isles is the exception, rather than the rule. That sounds quite distasteful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1184
I have a suit from one of the Oyster grey hopsacks. Sorry, I don't recall the number. It's a solid fabric: soft hand, good visual texture. nice drape, holds a crease well. Like Concordia, I might also like Lesser better at the same weight, but then it's more down to which color you prefer.
Great stuff, I wish I had known about these places when I visited Rome last year. If you have any more recommendations for similar shops in Paris and/or Rome, I'd be grateful if you could share them.
Also, did you ever get an answer to your queries regarding Gorina? I noticed a fair number of Gorina bolts in Lafayette Saltiel here in Paris, but have been unable to unearth further details on the status of the firm.
Ahh pity that, I threw those pics up here as there doesn't seem to be much of a directory or travel guide on here. Au Bonheur des Dames, 1-3 Rue Livingstone, at the Marché Saint-Pierre near the foot of Montmartre is great as well and has end of rolls for the French design houses from E12/m.
Piccolo on Chiaia in Naples has the full assortment but also has a big stack of off-cuts or 'tagli' literally 'cuts' which are 2m for E25.
I didn't get any bargains on this trip as to get the whacky patterns in linen you can only really get them in Esposito it seems plus I was drunk on sartorialism at that point. Alberta will post overseas as well if you know your glove size and also do 'su misura' if you post them a hand draft.
Am traveling to Paris this summer and thinking about looking for some fabrics (primarily jacketing). Above from some time ago was the only reference I could find searching this thread, are there any other shops that are recommended?
I think he recommends some others on his Tumblr...
really, really nice navy hopsack, also bought quite a bit and I will not be using it all if anyone is interested:
obviously not for the current season but I always liked off white cords so I snatched this up to offer for the fall:
really wanted to get this plaid but its doublesided and too thick I thought, the pattern makes for a great sportcoat and so hard to find in linen but unfortunately had to pass on this:
and lastly put this VBC french blue hopsack up on B&S
I am actually. But I like that big B&W plaid for a summer jacket. I actually have something like it in half linen, half silk. The slubs save it from looking cheesy and the linen saves it from wearing too hot.
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Malvern (size 7.5/8) 202 last 13 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › *MORE PRICE DROP* DE PETRILLO NAPOLI DARK BROWN FLANNEL SPORT COAT... 28 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...