Hopefully your experience with Isles is the exception, rather than the rule. That sounds quite distasteful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1184
I have a suit from one of the Oyster grey hopsacks. Sorry, I don't recall the number. It's a solid fabric: soft hand, good visual texture. nice drape, holds a crease well. Like Concordia, I might also like Lesser better at the same weight, but then it's more down to which color you prefer.
Great stuff, I wish I had known about these places when I visited Rome last year. If you have any more recommendations for similar shops in Paris and/or Rome, I'd be grateful if you could share them.
Also, did you ever get an answer to your queries regarding Gorina? I noticed a fair number of Gorina bolts in Lafayette Saltiel here in Paris, but have been unable to unearth further details on the status of the firm.
Ahh pity that, I threw those pics up here as there doesn't seem to be much of a directory or travel guide on here. Au Bonheur des Dames, 1-3 Rue Livingstone, at the Marché Saint-Pierre near the foot of Montmartre is great as well and has end of rolls for the French design houses from E12/m.
Piccolo on Chiaia in Naples has the full assortment but also has a big stack of off-cuts or 'tagli' literally 'cuts' which are 2m for E25.
I didn't get any bargains on this trip as to get the whacky patterns in linen you can only really get them in Esposito it seems plus I was drunk on sartorialism at that point. Alberta will post overseas as well if you know your glove size and also do 'su misura' if you post them a hand draft.
Am traveling to Paris this summer and thinking about looking for some fabrics (primarily jacketing). Above from some time ago was the only reference I could find searching this thread, are there any other shops that are recommended?
I think he recommends some others on his Tumblr...
really, really nice navy hopsack, also bought quite a bit and I will not be using it all if anyone is interested:
obviously not for the current season but I always liked off white cords so I snatched this up to offer for the fall:
really wanted to get this plaid but its doublesided and too thick I thought, the pattern makes for a great sportcoat and so hard to find in linen but unfortunately had to pass on this:
and lastly put this VBC french blue hopsack up on B&S
I am actually. But I like that big B&W plaid for a summer jacket. I actually have something like it in half linen, half silk. The slubs save it from looking cheesy and the linen saves it from wearing too hot.
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...