or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1180

post #17686 of 19906
PCK, could you humor us and post a few pics of yours? I want to say I've seen them posted a few times, and it looks excellent.
post #17687 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by leschnitzel View Post

Hi Gents, I am looking for POW fabric with larger/cleaner checks for DB, ideally would look like the ones below, any suggestion?






If you don't mind 9oz worsteds...

Still, that one on top (flannel?) is really awesome. Nowhere near enough large checks out there. What's in the books now might have looked great on the Do'W, but he was quite a lot shorter than today's normal size.
post #17688 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

Get some 10oz wool + kid mohair jacketing from Caccioppoli. Made by William Halstead. Drapes like steel, wrinkles very little and super airy.

How does it hold up to regular wear? Considering a navy blazer (gold buttons and all) for my next go-round. I would need a beater-status cloth, though, and I worry the high percentage of mohair will begin to sheen. I am very intrigued by the low wrinkling and airiness, however. Living in Atlanta and hustling through airports all the time leads me to look for something that won't stew me or come out looking like a Kleenex.
post #17689 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


How does it hold up to regular wear? Considering a navy blazer (gold buttons and all) for my next go-round. I would need a beater-status cloth, though, and I worry the high percentage of mohair will begin to sheen. I am very intrigued by the low wrinkling and airiness, however. Living in Atlanta and hustling through airports all the time leads me to look for something that won't stew me or come out looking like a Kleenex.

Kolecho can surely speak to its (mohair's) advantages and drawbacks better than I, but Pepper Lee, where you can buy Halsted cloth directly, has many offerings of mohair blends, with varying percentages of mohair in the cloth.

 

Edit: @kolecho would you rate the Halsted cloth as being suitable for trousers, as well as jacketing?


Edited by ericgereghty - 4/21/16 at 1:30pm
post #17690 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

PCK, could you humor us and post a few pics of yours? I want to say I've seen them posted a few times, and it looks excellent.

 

post #17691 of 19906
That one might still be on my list.
post #17692 of 19906
Great suit.
post #17693 of 19906

It's an awesome cloth and I don't recommend it because I would prefer that nobody else looks good wearing it! :lol:

post #17694 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

It's an awesome cloth and I don't recommend it because I would prefer that nobody else looks good wearing it! lol8%5B1%5D.gif

post #17695 of 19906

Are those one and the same?

 

If so, I'd be hard pressed to find many gents (and I say this with a staunch record of heterosexuality, credit to Costanza) that look quite that good lol.

post #17696 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

How does it hold up to regular wear? Considering a navy blazer (gold buttons and all) for my next go-round. I would need a beater-status cloth, though, and I worry the high percentage of mohair will begin to sheen. I am very intrigued by the low wrinkling and airiness, however. Living in Atlanta and hustling through airports all the time leads me to look for something that won't stew me or come out looking like a Kleenex.

The sheen is not very apparent with kid mohair.
post #17697 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Kolecho can surely speak to its (mohair's) advantages and drawbacks better than I, but Pepper Lee, where you can buy Halsted cloth directly, has many offerings of mohair blends, with varying percentages of mohair in the cloth.

Edit: @kolecho
 would you rate the Halsted cloth as being suitable for trousers, as well as jacketing?

The one I have in huckaback weave is a jacketing. I think it would be too airy and loose for pants.

Halstead has others that are good suitings in plain weave.
post #17698 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by leschnitzel View Post
 

Hi Gents, I am looking for POW fabric with larger/cleaner checks for DB, ideally would look like the ones below, any suggestion?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I asked a question about large vs smaller scale POW in this thread few days ago, so you might want to go back a bit there were some useful sugestions.

Here is what I've been looking at last time at my tailor's. I think the fabric on top might be compatible to what you're looking for, although it has a pale red overcheck. All three are from H&S, but for the life of me I can't remember what the top one was. I can ask my tailor, but maybe someone here will be able to identify, I remember it was flanelly and had 1% of cashmere (nothing to write home about), and literally impossible to wrinkle :)

 

post #17699 of 19906
I have the Fox Flannel POW. One of my favorites. Also have a wool/linen/silk oversized POW suit in a larger scale from PRL, in charcoal/cream. Not subtle, but still very wearable.
post #17700 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

I have the Fox Flannel POW. One of my favorites. Also have a wool/linen/silk oversized POW suit in a larger scale from PRL, in charcoal/cream. Not subtle, but still very wearable.

But you can rock practically anything. It's your super power smile.gif

Don't worry,@gdl203, I got the absentees covered cc @Mr. Six
How about any one of these (Click to show)


Now, can someone please ID this gorgeous fabric? Would love it for the fall and no, I don't think it is Maremna:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Or this wool-mohair navy glen plaid? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by sacafotos - 4/26/16 at 9:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread