or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1158

post #17356 of 19906

Just received a few meters to sell on sale of this awesome open wave slubby Carlo Barbera.

 

Love the grey shade.

post #17357 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

Obviously this a the wrong thread for this question, but what ties, suits, and sport coats other than a blue blazer go with this square?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Anything blue--RAF blue suit, navy suit. White shirt. Blue grenadine ties.

post #17358 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

Obviously this a the wrong thread for this question, but what ties, suits, and sport coats other than a blue blazer go with this square?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

That thing has 'in your face, Spring has sprung' vibe.  Could see it with a lite grey casual suit, a solid silk knit (neat squares don't like neat ties)  perhaps in a burgundy or shade of dk green, and as for SCs, definitely not a gunclub, probably not a plaid -  I'd go solid again

post #17359 of 19906

Green jacket if you have it. would be a super seasonal look but it would work. maybe a brown jacket if its a darker, earthier, rather than a bright/rich tobacco

post #17360 of 19906

Seems like an ideal companion for purple jackets...

post #17361 of 19906

Can we play identify the source of this cloth?  thanks in advance.

 

post #17362 of 19906
Turns out caccioppoli has some great deals to be had direct.

For solaro cotton, is canvassing/ chest piece nessecary. Its the lighter 6/7 oz cotton versus the heavier oz.
post #17363 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

Obviously this a the wrong thread for this question, but what ties, suits, and sport coats other than a blue blazer go with this square?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

It would go well with any of the other clothing items you are burning.

post #17364 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

It would go well with any of the other clothing items you are burning.

frown.gif
post #17365 of 19906
I like that square. Nice spring vibe
post #17366 of 19906

Yeah, seem like you could wear that with the right shade of green, tobacco brown, light grey ... maybe even purple?

post #17367 of 19906

I just struggle with red and orange together.

 

Mind you, I have at least one pocket square which is even more lurid. But I've only worn it once.

post #17368 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Turns out caccioppoli has some great deals to be had direct.

Details?
post #17369 of 19906

So I was thinking about Smith's Steadfast 1561 for a new blazer, but am concerned about the weight. I love the colour and structure, but 14-15oz might wear a little warm. Ideally I'd like something that can be worn on all but the hottest days, and could be augmented with knitwear for the cooler months. 
I had a look at Holland & Sherry's Crispaire today and like the 332039, but it is a little too smooth.

 

Can anybody share on how warm the Steadfast wears? Or point me to some alternatives in the 11-12oz range with a bit of surface interest?
My tailor is in northern italy, so the construction wouldn't be overly rigid and stuffy but not Napoli soft and light...

 

Thanks all!

post #17370 of 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian View Post
 

So I was thinking about Smith's Steadfast 1561 for a new blazer, but am concerned about the weight. I love the colour and structure, but 14-15oz might wear a little warm. Ideally I'd like something that can be worn on all but the hottest days, and could be augmented with knitwear for the cooler months. 
I had a look at Holland & Sherry's Crispaire today and like the 332039, but it is a little too smooth.

 

Can anybody share on how warm the Steadfast wears? Or point me to some alternatives in the 11-12oz range with a bit of surface interest?
My tailor is in northern italy, so the construction wouldn't be overly rigid and stuffy but not Napoli soft and light...

 

Thanks all!

 

I have a suit in the Steadfast 1561. It is a pretty heavy fabric. I had mine partially lined to extend the wearability to warmer weather. It helps a bit.

 

It really is a personal preference. Do you run hot? Are you mostly inside with air conditioning?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread