or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1127

post #16891 of 19909
Gentlemen, what's your thoughts on ordering suits with a 2B jacket from your italian tailor? Blasphemous or perfectly legit? (assuming that a 3R2 would always be an Italian tailor's first choice)
post #16892 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

.... (assuming that a 3R2 would always be an Italian tailor's first choice)
Is this yours or a general internet misconception ???
post #16893 of 19909
Probably just my misconception. However, what I suggest is not that they won't do a 2B, but simply that the 3R2 will be their first choice...
post #16894 of 19909
Huh? Style is a regional and/or individual house preference. As an example, prefer my roman tailor a 2B.
post #16895 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Probably just my misconception. However, what I suggest is not that they won't do a 2B, but simply that the 3R2 will be their first choice...

One Italian tailor that made me few suits didn't even know what that is,and laughed when I tried to explain.
post #16896 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Probably just my misconception. However, what I suggest is not that they won't do a 2B, but simply that the 3R2 will be their first choice...
Not at all on a suit. On sport jackets maybe
post #16897 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winot View Post

I'm going to cautiously put my head above the parapet and say that I not a big fan of Rangoon. I have two suits tailored by different houses from the original end run of Minnis Rangoon and I am not impressed with the way it drapes. Much worse than Airborne (which is lighter weight I think).

There were two very light worsteds that Minnis discontinued. One was Airborne, and I forget what the other was. I had a suit made of the less light of the two (still 8oz, I think) and while it looks nice, I've come not to use it so much. The very fine weave and (modest) cashmere content make it very uncomfortable in humid weather. In the desert, or meat-locker-quality air conditioning, it would doubtless be excellent.

[edit] Come to think of it, I think the one I used was Finesse. So perhaps the Airborne wears better in the heat.
post #16898 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Not at all on a suit. On sport jackets maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by soender View Post

Huh? Style is a regional and/or individual house preference. As an example, prefer my roman tailor a 2B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

One Italian tailor that made me few suits didn't even know what that is,and laughed when I tried to explain.

Fair enough, just my misconception then. Thanks for your inputs.
post #16899 of 19909
Gennaro Paone is happy making one button suit jackets.
post #16900 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

There were two very light worsteds that Minnis discontinued. One was Airborne, and I forget what the other was. I had a suit made of the less light of the two (still 8oz, I think) and while it looks nice, I've come not to use it so much. The very fine weave and (modest) cashmere content make it very uncomfortable in humid weather. In the desert, or meat-locker-quality air conditioning, it would doubtless be excellent.

[edit] Come to think of it, I think the one I used was Finesse. So perhaps the Airborne wears better in the heat.

I just searched for Airborne and this post came up:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/64587/minnis-airborne-anyone-ever-have-anything-made#post_1048047

So it does look like you were heading in that direction.

(it's an interesting thread BTW)
post #16901 of 19909
cmp3.10.3.3Lq3 0xdd47692a

Any thoughts on the sage green?
post #16902 of 19909
Nicer than I'd thought it would be. There are others contenders in that space, but this one will be very useful for its purchasers.
post #16903 of 19909

Good shit!

post #16904 of 19909

makes me wish i'd ordered the big blanket tweed...but i can't wait for the sage green....the ultimate navy version of it was great! 

post #16905 of 19909
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

makes me wish i'd ordered the big blanket tweed...but i can't wait for the sage green....the ultimate navy version of it was great! 

How so? I'm having a hard time seeing the sage made up. I think the nomanwalksalone version is a better bet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread