Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1102

post #16516 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

^ I believe Jodek in BHills is their agent, best way is to have your tailor contact them

 

Anyone know if Jodek sells to the public? They're very close to me and would be convenient if they did. 

post #16517 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Gentlemen, what are your favorite go-to cottons for casual, heavy duty chinos? Brisbane Mos? I've heard praise of Caccioppoli as well, but would prefer if it can be bought online.

Cheers,
Soren

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post
 

 

Caccioppoli. Sorry.  Brisbane Moss does not have very heavy weight ones.

 

How heavy is heavy? Brisbane Moss does have a 13-14 Oz twill (400 gsm). Not a wide range of shades though.

 


Edited by LuxireStudio - 1/26/16 at 6:21pm
post #16518 of 21255
No regrets for me love all my LL offerings although I agreed with some that the cloth could be lighter weight.

post #16519 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

No regrets for me love all my LL offerings although I agreed with some that the cloth could be lighter weight.


Those look great. How do you like that wheat Donegal? I've been wondering whether I should get that made up into a sport coat or an overcoat.
post #16520 of 21255

Damn, there's some fine stuff in that gallery just posted by LordSuperb.

 

Also @Andy57 posted some pix of his Agnelli Tweed DB on LL which were a lot better than the ones we saw here on StyFo.

 

I have a length of that cloth, and am just waiting now for funding to materialise. Will probably have it made up by BnT.

post #16521 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Those look great. How do you like that wheat Donegal? I've been wondering whether I should get that made up into a sport coat or an overcoat.

Thanks D the Donegal is probably the one least worn due to it's weight from memory around 20oz. It would make a fantastic overcoat if I had the chance again I would make it into a shorter length overcoat.
post #16522 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Those look great. How do you like that wheat Donegal? I've been wondering whether I should get that made up into a sport coat or an overcoat.

I like mine a lot, fabric is awesome. I had mine made up with patch pockets so I need to get the pockets remade but other than that, it saves me in the coldest weathers.
post #16523 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Those look great. How do you like that wheat Donegal? I've been wondering whether I should get that made up into a sport coat or an overcoat.
The one furthest to the left? I would have thought that was the corn Shetland, which is normal jacket weight.

Nice collection, with some of my favorites in there. The shoulders are very nice, too, for this application. I wouldn't travel the earth risking mediocrity for a shoulder like that, but since you're already getting it from a good tailor, you can be well pleased. nod[1].gif
post #16524 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

The one furthest to the left? I would have thought that was the corn Shetland, which is normal jacket weight.

Nice collection, with some of my favorites in there. The shoulders are very nice, too, for this application. I wouldn't travel the earth risking mediocrity for a shoulder like that, but since you're already getting it from a good tailor, you can be well pleased. nod[1].gif

My mistake I didn't read Dereck's post probably yes I thought he meant the blue donegal indeed the corn Shetland is much lighter weight not too sure it's heavy enough for a overcoat in that case.
post #16525 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Those look great. How do you like that wheat Donegal? I've been wondering whether I should get that made up into a sport coat or an overcoat.

Sport Coat!
post #16526 of 21255
When I first heard about the LL Piuma, I allowed myself to hope for a 9/10 oz. panama. Best i recall, it's over 10 oz. It would be great to see an LL worsted in a true lightweight parama.
post #16527 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxireStudio View Post


How heavy is heavy? Brisbane Moss does have a 13-14 Oz twill (400 gsm). Not a wide range of shades though.



Very nice, thanks! I'm looking for some sturdy chino material that can be worn casually, but 13-14 oz is probably sufficient? There are some nice shades here, though I was also looking for something in olive. But can the brisbane Moss be bought online? From their webpage it seems they only supply the trade…

Thanks a lot!
post #16528 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post


Very nice, thanks! I'm looking for some sturdy chino material that can be worn casually, but 13-14 oz is probably sufficient? There are some nice shades here, though I was also looking for something in olive. But can the brisbane Moss be bought online? From their webpage it seems they only supply the trade…

Thanks a lot!

 

Yes, that is a good weight. Also, we are talking GSM, grams per square meter, while, a lot of fabric weights are quoted as GLM, grams per linear meter. For a standard 60" wide cloth, 400 gsm will be 600 glm.

 

Keats is very good, feels nice and soft. The weave is denim like but with much softer hand.

I can recommend.

 

For shades, their naming and our image are a bit off.  You can consider the "fawn" or the "lovat".

 

Would not know about ordering though. I believe people on this thread have bought Brisbane Moss fabrics. 

post #16529 of 21255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxireStudio View Post

Yes, that is a good weight. Also, we are talking GSM, grams per square meter, while, a lot of fabric weights are quoted as GLM, grams per linear meter. For a standard 60" wide cloth, 400 gsm will be 600 glm.

Keats is very good, feels nice and soft. The weave is denim like but with much softer hand.
I can recommend.

For shades, their naming and our image are a bit off.  You can consider the "fawn" or the "lovat".

Would not know about ordering though. I believe people on this thread have bought Brisbane Moss fabrics. 

This is very helpful, thanks a lot! Especially the point on GSM vs. GLM, I wasn't aware of that. Now I just need to find out where I can source some lengths satisfied.gif
post #16530 of 21255

My impression of the philosophy behind LL is that it serves to recreate historically accurate fabrics which are difficult or impossible to obtain in this age.

 

Lightweight fabrics are a modern phenomenon and there are endless varieties of them around. Heavier fabrics are "out of fashion", hence difficult to find, but they have many great qualities which allow for the creation of superb garments, of a particular type which is fast disappearing.

 

For sartorially informed individuals who wish to own and wear such garments, it occurs to me that LL is a uniquely valuable resource.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread