ASEAN focussed menswear forum: thekerbau.com
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 2:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1085
Hi fabric aficionados.
I'm trying to choose a fabric for my next suit. I'm expecting to sink some serious money into the tailoring; would like the fabric to stand up to time.
1) Business-appropriate. I am a mid level associate at a law firm. I am often in court and in meetings with bigwig businesspeople.
2) The goal of the suit is to be understated. I'm usually the junior person in the room, so I'm not really trying to garner extra attention.
3) I already have a lot of conservative fabrics: solid worsted charcoal, solid worsted navy, medium grey pick and pick, light grey flannel, navy pinstripe, charcoal (almost black) pinstripe. I was thinking navy nailhead or grey nailhead. Also considering navy pick& pick.
My tailor gets deals on VBC and Scabal cloth. I think he also uses British Woolens as a supplier. Please let me know if you have any suggestions from any of these.
If anyone has any high-performance CBD cloth (boring solids, nailheads, pick and picks) that they want to unload, please PM me.
What is this Slewfoot you speak of?
Kinda like a cross between the Yeti and Bigfoot, with a taste for fine wine.
He's big around the middle and he's broad across the rump
Runnin' ninety miles an hour takin' thirty feet a jump
Ain't never been caught, he ain't never been tree'd
Some folks say he looks a lot like me
I saved up my money and I bought me some bees
And they started makin' honey way up in the trees
Cut down the tree but my honey's all gone
Ole Slew-Foot's done made himself at home.
Posts on here occassionally too.
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 19 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 23 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 34 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 48 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 55 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 hour ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...