ASEAN focussed menswear forum: thekerbau.com
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/23/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 11/26/16 at 12:54pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1085
Hi fabric aficionados.
I'm trying to choose a fabric for my next suit. I'm expecting to sink some serious money into the tailoring; would like the fabric to stand up to time.
1) Business-appropriate. I am a mid level associate at a law firm. I am often in court and in meetings with bigwig businesspeople.
2) The goal of the suit is to be understated. I'm usually the junior person in the room, so I'm not really trying to garner extra attention.
3) I already have a lot of conservative fabrics: solid worsted charcoal, solid worsted navy, medium grey pick and pick, light grey flannel, navy pinstripe, charcoal (almost black) pinstripe. I was thinking navy nailhead or grey nailhead. Also considering navy pick& pick.
My tailor gets deals on VBC and Scabal cloth. I think he also uses British Woolens as a supplier. Please let me know if you have any suggestions from any of these.
If anyone has any high-performance CBD cloth (boring solids, nailheads, pick and picks) that they want to unload, please PM me.
What is this Slewfoot you speak of?
Kinda like a cross between the Yeti and Bigfoot, with a taste for fine wine.
He's big around the middle and he's broad across the rump
Runnin' ninety miles an hour takin' thirty feet a jump
Ain't never been caught, he ain't never been tree'd
Some folks say he looks a lot like me
I saved up my money and I bought me some bees
And they started makin' honey way up in the trees
Cut down the tree but my honey's all gone
Ole Slew-Foot's done made himself at home.
Posts on here occassionally too.
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 25 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 28 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 35 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 53 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 57 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 hour ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway