or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1083

post #16231 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

I run warm and live in a warm climate, so 13oz is probably too heavy - thanks for the recommendation though

If you're looking at 12oz., you may as well consider the 13oz. There'll be no tangible difference in warmth
post #16232 of 19898

Is 13oz lesser still available? I forget which books they're keeping and which they're letting run out

post #16233 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Is 13oz lesser still available? I forget which books they're keeping and which they're letting run out

+1...can't tell based upon Harrison's website.
post #16234 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

+1...can't tell based upon Harrison's website.

Definitely still available AFAIK. NMWA offered a Formosa suit or two from the book so I gotta believe you can still get it.

Also agree 100% with GC that you won't notice any tangible difference between 12 and 13oz cloths.
post #16235 of 19898
The heaviest suit I own is 11oz and average temps here are 50f-80f (although there is almost no humidity). I'm already worried 12oz will be too heavy, but happy to be convinced otherwise.
post #16236 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post


wow, that is more than GBP75/m! Is it included shipping? They didn't give you any trade discount?

 

Hey guy if you don't like the price you don't have to order! 

post #16237 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Hey guy if you don't like the price you don't have to order! 

+1, and, in all seriousness, is 75GBP ($105-110 give or take at present) all that much for a quality cloth?

 

From my experience, I'd say no, and, considering Minnis flannel currently on offer is basically the exact same price, I'd say no in this case as well.

post #16238 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Thanks!

Speaking of Minnis 656 ...





(Didn't have a chance to take photos until the end of the day, so bad light that doesn't do the cloth justice.)

looks great to me
post #16239 of 19898
Very nice. If I wasn't set for mid-grey winter suits, I'd be in for a suit's length.
post #16240 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Speaking of Minnis 656 ...


Damn.

Of course, those who like Minnis 12oz and want this effect, but don't want special order pricing with two rounds of postage (possibly with Customs each way) now have the option of Minnis 510067, which might get you most of the way there.
post #16241 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Hey guy if you don't like the price you don't have to order! 

ok ok.
I just want to share my own experience.
I and a group of friends organized a group purchase at Jan 2014 of Minnis Fresco 520, the retail price now and then is GBP51.8/m or USD75/m
I got 195m ordered within a week smile.gif and everyone paid USD33.5/m included shipping to HKG.
post #16242 of 19898

Props to @Fishball for actually using his noggin and not trying to be an alpha male about everything, habitually, when challenged on the most trifling grounds like PCK

post #16243 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post


Cloth should generally kept in a cool, dark room that is no hotter than 12 degrees C (53f) and no cooler than 8 degrees C (46f). Most of us have constructed bespoke storage cabinets to file away our unused cloth. These 'cloth vaults' are generally made out of 25cm-thick ceder panels. I think there are a few people selling some on here.

 

  :bored:  Hoping this gets primo billing on Vox's twitter

post #16244 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

+1, and, in all seriousness, is 75GBP ($105-110 give or take at present) all that much for a quality cloth?

From my experience, I'd say no, and, considering Minnis flannel currently on offer is basically the exact same price, I'd say no in this case as well.

Hmm... I think the retail price of the 12oz Minnis flannel is GBP54.6/m or little bit less than USD80, today.
post #16245 of 19898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post


ok ok.
I just want to share my own experience.
I and a group of friends organized a group purchase at Jan 2014 of Minnis Fresco 520, the retail price now and then is GBP51.8/m or USD75/m
I got 195m ordered within a week smile.gif and everyone paid USD33.5/m included shipping to HKG.


Well I'm sure at 195m you get a huge discount compared to only 60m. Also, who handled your transaction/did they have a previous relationship with the manufacturer?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread