or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1082

post #16216 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post


Wait, is this standard practice?!

Edit: Veni, I'm guessing your 300 figure is USD for Steed? I'd be beside my mind happy if it was GBP


USD - not Pounds. And no, standard practice is not to provide your own cloth - this is only if there is a special, and particular fabric the you are seeking that your tailor wouldn't have access to (in this case because Minnis no longer makes the cloth)

post #16217 of 19908
I wear that suit 7 months out of the year in SF no problem. Love that fabric.
post #16218 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

I wear that suit 7 months out of the year in SF no problem. Love that fabric.

But you have a level of badassness that no one can achieve.
post #16219 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

But you have a level of badassness that no one can achieve.

 

 It helps to live in the foggy tundra of San Francisco. But your observation remains valid.

post #16220 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Worsted Alsport 520068. Steed MTM.





c: @Cantabrigian, @dieworkwear

Thanks for posting that.

Colors are great. That exact pattern in a larger scale would be perfect.
post #16221 of 19908
Daily Mail has a fun article on John Kent's work for Prince Phillip. Apparently, Phillip also keeps an eye out for cloth!
Quote:
But Philip is more discerning than is commonly thought. He will often buy fabric on his travels and have it sent to Kent to turn into a suit. Indeed, the last suit he ordered, about three years ago, was in a lightweight material he had found himself.
Also, an interesting high-roll two-button -- basically a three button without the third button.

post #16222 of 19908

 Carlo Barbera

 

post #16223 of 19908

I couldn't resist a length of the new W. Bill Donegal (which may not be new at all, I am not familiar with this color from prevoius books). The green is a deep emerald with spots of sage and bottle green. I think a really nice paring with mid gray flannel. It is an open weave and a bit lighter in weight at 440g. -15 1/2 oz. than the Molloy, but the colors are great. My cell shot is not doing this justice at all.

Best,

 

DL-

post #16224 of 19908
Drapers royal cashmere and lady San Felice & flannels - drool
post #16225 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post

I couldn't resist a length of the new W. Bill Donegal (which may not be new at all, I am not familiar with this color from prevoius books). The green is a deep emerald with spots of sage and bottle green. I think a really nice paring with mid gray flannel. It is an open weave and a bit lighter in weight at 440g. -15 1/2 oz. than the Molloy, but the colors are great. My cell shot is not doing this justice at all.


Best,

DL-

That looks great - what's the reference number?
post #16226 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post


That looks great - what's the reference number?


WB34600

post #16227 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Minnis will be getting back soon with more details....but the last run was $115/meter

wow, that is more than GBP75/m! Is it included shipping? They didn't give you any trade discount?
post #16228 of 19908
Looking at a 12oz H&S Intercity, can anyone share any positive/negative experiences? From most accounts it's a fairly reliable mid weight 3 season. Any alternatives that you prefer?
post #16229 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Looking at a 12oz H&S Intercity, can anyone share any positive/negative experiences? From most accounts it's a fairly reliable mid weight 3 season. Any alternatives that you prefer?

No experience with the H&S cloth...Don't know how your internal thermometer runs, but in that weight range, the 13oz Lesser is far and away my favorite book.
post #16230 of 19908
I run warm and live in a warm climate, so 13oz is probably too heavy - thanks for the recommendation though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread