or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1080

post #16186 of 19908

We have 33.5 meters of commitments on the Minnis 0656 Houndstooth Flannel.

 

We need 60 meters. Any takers?

 

post #16187 of 19908
Maybe I'm in. I have this black and white minihoundstooth made up but have only worn once because it seems a bit too contrasty for me. The background here seems grey, makes it a bit more subtle?
post #16188 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

Maybe I'm in. I have this black and white minihoundstooth made up but have only worn once because it seems a bit too contrasty for me. The background here seems grey, makes it a bit more subtle?

Greg's above seems to give a solid look of it. Solid-esque except when quite close.

post #16189 of 19908
It's pretty solid until close. The black/white contrast is there, but the flannel mutes it a little.
post #16190 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

We have 33.5 meters of commitments on the Minnis 0656 Houndstooth Flannel.

We need 60 meters. Any takers?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

On this like white on rice. Greg's impeccable taste  +  12 oz +  Minnis flannel.  What's not to like?

post #16191 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

It's pretty solid until close. The black/white contrast is there, but the flannel mutes it a little.

I've seen UC's in person and completely agree.
post #16192 of 19908

Is there a group buy thread on this cloth?

post #16193 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post

Is there a group buy thread on this cloth?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/503862/minnis-656-houndstooth-flannel-with-no-man-walks-alone/60#post_8259639
post #16194 of 19908


Thanks, Murl. I'm in. I remember being on the fence a few months ago, but it's grown on me.

post #16195 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Nice result.

Thanks!

Speaking of Minnis 656 ...





(Didn't have a chance to take photos until the end of the day, so bad light that doesn't do the cloth justice.)
post #16196 of 19908

Those interested in the Minnis 0656 might also appreciate this flannel from Dugdale (2080/9). It doesn't seem to be on their website, but your tailor may have the bunch.

 

post #16197 of 19908
I just received some pants from Mytailor.com in Minnis 14 oz. flannel and now see what all the fuss is about. The drape is amazing.
post #16198 of 19908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromley View Post

Those interested in the Minnis 0656 might also appreciate this flannel from Dugdale (2080/9). It doesn't seem to be on their website, but your tailor may have the bunch.




Do you have pictures of the entire bunch? I tried contacting Dugdale about them and they were less than helpful..
post #16199 of 19908

The Dugdale flannel bunch is divided into 2 parts-- lightweight Italian stuff (11 oz.) with a little cashmere in the mix. Not really my thing, although it looks nice:

 

And classic English flannel (14.5 oz):

 

I have not had anything made up from either, but I really like heavier weight cloth in this bunch. Not an adventurous selection, but great staples.

post #16200 of 19908

Minnis 656 has reached the 60 meter requirement, you can get the real thing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread