or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1060

post #15886 of 19918
Does anyone have a picture of the LL esquire 35 tweed?
post #15887 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

William Field gets good ink here, as a more or less Savile-Row quality place. Perhaps they do MTM? They will certainly have cloth books to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

William doesn't do MTM. Check Everard's clothing first, he carries hickey freeman and has the MTM option. Also, he has a woman's clothing section on the second floor. If he can't help check WM Fox & Co for the overcoat.

Thanks, gents!
post #15888 of 19918

 

LL Esquire 35 tweed.  I like it a lot, but haven't pulled the trigger out of concern for the weight in my climate.

post #15889 of 19918

Anyone know why Minnis are clearing a lot of their bunches ? https://shop.hfwltd.com/offers.

 

Will there be new collections of the previous offerings or have they been scrapped?

post #15890 of 19918
Most have been discontinued. There is a new Worsted Alsport, though. That said, the Lambswool and Riviera bunches deserved better.
post #15891 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybarron View Post




LL Esquire 35 tweed.  I like it a lot, but haven't pulled the trigger out of concern for the weight in my climate.

What was the weight on this? Alden suggested that it was suiting material, but it looks more appropriate for Sport coats......
post #15892 of 19918
Given that it's a LL cloth, I'm sure it's heavy enough to stop a bullet and impractically hot, unless you're living at Ice Station Zebra.
post #15893 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


What was the weight on this? Alden suggested that it was suiting material, but it looks more appropriate for Sport coats......

It's heavy - in the 16-18 oz. range  It would be a beautiful suit, which would enjoy a three month season in the southeast.  I'd make it up if I traveled north often enough in winter, but just can't justify it with so many more useful options in the wings.  

post #15894 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybarron View Post




LL Esquire 35 tweed.  I like it a lot, but haven't pulled the trigger out of concern for the weight in my climate.
This is great looking. I have said this before and will say it again . . .the supply of great looking tweed options is nearly infinite. Choosing is hard.
post #15895 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

Most have been discontinued. There is a new Worsted Alsport, though. That said, the Lambswool and Riviera bunches deserved better.

 

Are the solid herringbones staying? I had something planned :confused:

post #15896 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

Given that it's a LL cloth, I'm sure it's heavy enough to stop a bullet and impractically hot, unless you're living at Ice Station Zebra.

I happened to be wearing a Fox for LL flannel DB on Tuesday night, out in the freezing rain. It was perfect. It would otherwise be too hot in more temperate climes.
post #15897 of 19918
There's a new Minnis Flannel book. 14.5 woollen flannel, as well as 11.5 oz. worsted flannel. Not necessarily an improvement, as the "old" flannel book was/is superb--if you like dry-handed, close felted woolen flannels (which I do). Calls to mind the Harrisons Archive Flannel and the heavier (LL/Alden inspired) Fox flannels. Not everybody's cup of tea. Seems as though the fashion world tends toward the softer, mushier flannels.

There will be a new Fresco book. "Fresco Lite." The grapevine--a reliable one, at that--informs me it will be 8/8.5 oz. cloth. Whereas the 8.5 oz. cloth in the current Fresco book is actually a high twist plain weave, Fresco Lite will be a true Fresco, but, well, lighter. Imagine the 9.5 Fresco, but lighter and more porous. I hope the solids and patterns are interesting--some melange/heathered character to the solids, for instance. Every solid grey panama benefits from from lighter yarns in the mix.

The same grapevine informs me that Rangoon will not be reissued. But if Fresco Lite meets (high) expectations, who cares? That said, there is definitely a market for a 9.5 ounce plain weave that tries to resemble the old Lesser 9.5/10 LFT. If you're willing to pay a premium, the Scabal "Smart" book (9 0z. panama) is a contender.
post #15898 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post

If you're willing to pay a premium, the Scabal "Smart" book (9 0z. panama) is a contender.
Is that on their website yet?
post #15899 of 19918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post

There's a new Minnis Flannel book. 14.5 woollen flannel, as well as 11.5 oz. worsted flannel. Not necessarily an improvement, as the "old" flannel book was/is superb--if you like dry-handed, close felted woolen flannels (which I do). Calls to mind the Harrisons Archive Flannel and the heavier (LL/Alden inspired) Fox flannels. Not everybody's cup of tea. Seems as though the fashion world tends toward the softer, mushier flannels.
Is the 12oz really worsted? The pics on the website look positively woolly. At least they've revived the "tick effect" patterns. Also, a proper selection of fawns/light browns in the 14oz bucket that don't look like cheap camel hair.
post #15900 of 19918
I have up for sale 2.5 meters of this chocolate brown herringbone wool shetland from Abraham Moon. Jacket length.

IMG_1091_zpsyp3znmk0.jpg
IMG_1095_zpse7ehrbky.jpg
IMG_0666_zpsb13ud8u0.jpg

Pictured in the green circle below. Compared to other tweeds in natural light outside
Untitled-1_zps2dpedsvz.jpg
Edited by jrd617 - 11/17/15 at 9:52am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread