Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1060
It's heavy - in the 16-18 oz. range It would be a beautiful suit, which would enjoy a three month season in the southeast. I'd make it up if I traveled north often enough in winter, but just can't justify it with so many more useful options in the wings.
I happened to be wearing a Fox for LL flannel DB on Tuesday night, out in the freezing rain. It was perfect. It would otherwise be too hot in more temperate climes.
There will be a new Fresco book. "Fresco Lite." The grapevine--a reliable one, at that--informs me it will be 8/8.5 oz. cloth. Whereas the 8.5 oz. cloth in the current Fresco book is actually a high twist plain weave, Fresco Lite will be a true Fresco, but, well, lighter. Imagine the 9.5 Fresco, but lighter and more porous. I hope the solids and patterns are interesting--some melange/heathered character to the solids, for instance. Every solid grey panama benefits from from lighter yarns in the mix.
The same grapevine informs me that Rangoon will not be reissued. But if Fresco Lite meets (high) expectations, who cares? That said, there is definitely a market for a 9.5 ounce plain weave that tries to resemble the old Lesser 9.5/10 LFT. If you're willing to pay a premium, the Scabal "Smart" book (9 0z. panama) is a contender.
There's a new Minnis Flannel book. 14.5 woollen flannel, as well as 11.5 oz. worsted flannel. Not necessarily an improvement, as the "old" flannel book was/is superb--if you like dry-handed, close felted woolen flannels (which I do). Calls to mind the Harrisons Archive Flannel and the heavier (LL/Alden inspired) Fox flannels. Not everybody's cup of tea. Seems as though the fashion world tends toward the softer, mushier flannels.
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Vass K-last Oxblood Dark Brown 45 EU (Size 11 US?) 15 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 34 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 38 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 38 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 40 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...