or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 1059

post #15871 of 19895

Quote:

Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

no; i meant it. 

 

but it looks like you're set on sharkskin because that's what 713 is.  

 

if it's for work, 13 and 63 I think are too dark (personal aesthetics speaking)


 Is 15 a navy nailhead? 

post #15872 of 19895
Much of the attraction to barathea is precisely that it isn't a glossy "super" concoction. As a result it will drape softly and remain dark-looking even under artificial light. Maybe not so black as flannel could be, but far from what a hard finish worsted would deliver.
post #15873 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Much of the attraction to barathea is precisely that it isn't a glossy "super" concoction. As a result it will drape softly and remain dark-looking even under artificial light. Maybe not so black as flannel could be, but far from what a hard finish worsted would deliver.

It also serves as an excellent base for the satin or grosgrain to create some really nice contrast.

post #15874 of 19895

I believe this is Oyster 75713 (though I might be misremembering the number). It's a mid-grey hopsack but on the darker side of mid-grey.

 

 

 

 

post #15875 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
 

I believe this is Oyster 75713 (though I might be misremembering the number). It's a mid-grey hopsack but on the darker side of mid-grey.

 

 

 

Thank you, that is very helpful for getting a gauge of the darkness when comparing my swatches. 

post #15876 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Medium offers a chance for more texture and variety of color. On the other hand, there are certain cities where anything but the darkest grey will make people think you're on vacation. Figure out where and why you plan to wear the thing; solve that problem first.

Cities like Raqqa? confused.gif
post #15877 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Cities like Raqqa? confused.gif
I was thinking of the canyons of Darkest London, but doubtless there are others.
post #15878 of 19895
@everyone above who chimed in on my earlier coat post - thanks!

Next step - it seems impossible in central Florida to see any of this material first hand. However, I'm going be in DC in a few weeks and am thinking there have to be fabric stores and/or MTM tailor shops that stock this type of sturdy colder, winter weather cloth.

I'm thinking at a minimum, we can narrow down the fabric side of things and maybe even commission her coat while there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the greater DC area? Appreciation in advance!

post #15879 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirschlederne View Post


The camo stuff is coming together nicely.

post #15880 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


Does anyone have any suggestions for the greater DC area? Appreciation in advance!
William Field gets good ink here, as a more or less Savile-Row quality place. Perhaps they do MTM? They will certainly have cloth books to look at.
post #15881 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

William Field gets good ink here, as a more or less Savile-Row quality place. Perhaps they do MTM? They will certainly have cloth books to look at.

William doesn't do MTM. Check Everard's clothing first, he carries hickey freeman and has the MTM option. Also, he has a woman's clothing section on the second floor. If he can't help check WM Fox & Co for the overcoat.
post #15882 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy View Post

Quote:


 Is 15 a navy nailhead? 

Yes
post #15883 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy View Post
 dark as one should go.  I probably think 62 might get slightly more mileage tbh. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post

 

 

 

Anyone tell me which of the Oyster solids (whether HBne, shkskin, plaid, nailhead, birdseye) wears lightest (grey)?

post #15884 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post




Anyone tell me which of the Oyster solids (whether HBne, shkskin, plaid, nailhead, birdseye) wears lightest (grey)?

75724 followed by 75716
post #15885 of 19895
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post




Anyone tell me which of the Oyster solids (whether HBne, shkskin, plaid, nailhead, birdseye) wears lightest (grey)?

75724 followed by 75716

cheers!  I have a suit in the navy birseye and love the drape; want to get more.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread