or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 778

post #11656 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycth View Post

I've recently bought a length of cloth which reads "Trisco Mohair" on the edge. I've done some search online and find no information about Trisco. What actually is Trisco?

 

I don't know but the 'Trisco' fabrics I've seen, particularly the Mohair blends, tend to have a large polyester content...


Edited by FlyingMonkey - 10/19/14 at 8:37am
post #11657 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycth View Post

I've recently bought a length of cloth which reads "Trisco Mohair" on the edge. I've done some search online and find no information about Trisco. What actually is Trisco?

Not sure but AFAIK it's not pure wool... Is that from Huddersfield Cloth?

post #11658 of 11663
I asked the same before and answer was polyester then.
post #11659 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

I asked the same before and answer was polyester then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySolari View Post

Not sure but AFAIK it's not pure wool... Is that from Huddersfield Cloth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I don't know but the 'Trisco' fabrics I've seen, particularly the Mohair blends, tend to have a large polyester content...

Thanks guys. Yes it's from Huddersfield Cloth. Looks like it's a poly mix then.baldy[1].gif
post #11660 of 11663
Perhaps it is the source of Triscuits?
post #11661 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycth View Post

I've recently bought a length of cloth which reads "Trisco Mohair" on the edge. I've done some search online and find no information about Trisco. What actually is Trisco?

See this listing from eprey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOHAIR-WOOL-SUITING-FABRIC-3-70-METRES-/301059086084

You can see from the composition and what's written on the selvedge.
post #11662 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by honpan View Post

See this listing from eprey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOHAIR-WOOL-SUITING-FABRIC-3-70-METRES-/301059086084

You can see from the composition and what's written on the selvedge.

That's the listing that had me wondering the composition. I contacted Huddersfield Cloth awhile back asking about the composition of the cloth I bought and was told 80% wool and 20% mohair. They aren't that honest eh? 😣
post #11663 of 11663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycth View Post

That's the listing that had me wondering the composition. I contacted Huddersfield Cloth awhile back asking about the composition of the cloth I bought and was told 80% wool and 20% mohair. They aren't that honest eh? 😣

As far as I have seen, they always list the composition in full and accurately. In my dealings with them, they have always been exemplary.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread