Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:56 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 707
Tobacco Brown Minnis Fresco vs the standard 518 Brown Minnis Fresco...
Does anyone have clothing made up from the 518 brown? And maybe more importantly, does anyone have something made from each (e.g., a Slewfoot tobacco brown sportcoat and a standard 518 brown sportcoat)? I have a suit length of the standard 518 brown, but I'm interested in the tobacco. What are the pros/cons of each?
So given the choice tweed is a better option I take it?
I put them in a sealed plastic bag, the type you would buy a quilt in.
Or moth proof bags.
Otherwise moths will eat them.
FWIW, I've avoided plastic garment bags because certain plastics degrades over time and can give off a gas that can damage cloth. If you're really, really worried about it, just put them in a breathable cloth garment bag, fold it up, and store it away. Just like you would with a suit. Personally, I just fold my cloth up and put it on top of a shelf in my closet. It's no more valuable than any of my other clothes.
Any recommendations for a grey Donegal tweed in overcoat weight (22oz+)? I like this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/6792094297/ but would prefer it a little heavier. Thoughts on wool lining for additional warmth if there aren't any heavier options available? Thanks.
When it's 90+ and humid, I find my 11 oz linen suit gets uncomfortable. It's okay at up to 85 degrees and moderate humidity. I imagine 14 oz would be a bit worse. Do you have experience with linen suits / jackets of lighter weight to gauge your heat / humidity tolerance?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 31 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 Bourbon 8D. New other 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Help: Overweight and Short and trying to change my entire wardrobe 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts