Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:14pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 707
Tobacco Brown Minnis Fresco vs the standard 518 Brown Minnis Fresco...
Does anyone have clothing made up from the 518 brown? And maybe more importantly, does anyone have something made from each (e.g., a Slewfoot tobacco brown sportcoat and a standard 518 brown sportcoat)? I have a suit length of the standard 518 brown, but I'm interested in the tobacco. What are the pros/cons of each?
So given the choice tweed is a better option I take it?
I put them in a sealed plastic bag, the type you would buy a quilt in.
Or moth proof bags.
Otherwise moths will eat them.
FWIW, I've avoided plastic garment bags because certain plastics degrades over time and can give off a gas that can damage cloth. If you're really, really worried about it, just put them in a breathable cloth garment bag, fold it up, and store it away. Just like you would with a suit. Personally, I just fold my cloth up and put it on top of a shelf in my closet. It's no more valuable than any of my other clothes.
Any recommendations for a grey Donegal tweed in overcoat weight (22oz+)? I like this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/6792094297/ but would prefer it a little heavier. Thoughts on wool lining for additional warmth if there aren't any heavier options available? Thanks.
When it's 90+ and humid, I find my 11 oz linen suit gets uncomfortable. It's okay at up to 85 degrees and moderate humidity. I imagine 14 oz would be a bit worse. Do you have experience with linen suits / jackets of lighter weight to gauge your heat / humidity tolerance?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...