or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 696

post #10426 of 12536

Thanks bamboo and terrorsquad. Is the 2940 from the 9/10oz or the 12/13oz? I like the Finmeresco. I have a swatch of the SW2905 which is a very nice blue in 12/13oz weight. I am most likely going to order the SW2905 for a db suit.

post #10427 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinjango View Post
 

Thanks bamboo and terrorsquad. Is the 2940 from the 9/10oz or the 12/13oz? I like the Finmeresco. I have a swatch of the SW2905 which is a very nice blue in 12/13oz weight. I am most likely going to order the SW2905 for a db suit.


2940,2941 and 2942 are 9/10 oz.  2941 is mid grey between 2940 and 2942

post #10428 of 12536
2905 is a gorgeous colour. if your after stripes, 2954 and 2955 are my absolute favourites
post #10429 of 12536

Thanks again guys. I will most likely go for the 2940 for the grey trousers. 

post #10430 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

Other than the wool and mohair there's a synthetic (polyester) component. 'Trevira' is a trademarked name for a bunch of polyesters- make in Germany I think. 


Thanks for your info.  I did not imagine they make synthetic fiber mix cloth in Huddersfield.

post #10431 of 12536
Anyone have 4 meters of light gray Fresco fabric around 11oz from something like Minnis or Fimmeresco?

Thanks in advance and no worries either way.
post #10432 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
 


Thanks for your info.  I did not imagine they make synthetic fiber mix cloth in Huddersfield.

 

Course they do, particularly Alfred Brown as they're the last real volume weavers in the UK afaik, they can weave a few kilometres of cloth per week, to do that you have to cater to the mass-market.

post #10433 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinjango View Post

Hi all, I am thinking of making a light or mid grey odd trousers from the Finmeresco range. Is it a good idea? Can anyone tell me the ref number for a suitable shade of grey from the Finmeresco book? 

Any experience with how the Finmeresco compares to the Minni's Fresco and the Holland & Sherry Crispaire? I have suits in the latter two, but nothing in the Finmeresco.
post #10434 of 12536
Depends on the weight. In the lightest bracket, Finmeresco is very similar to the lightest Fresco, but more flexible and-- in trousers-- more able to hold a crease while shedding wrinkles.

The 12oz stuff is more porous than Crispaire and very much more flexible than the midweight Fresco. Some actually prefer Fresco for that reason-- your tastes may vary.
post #10435 of 12536
Has anyone heard about (or tried) the Lovat Mill "Mace" cloth? Panama weave. Around 9.5 oz. Lighter than their "Bard" fresco(ish) cloth.
post #10436 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Depends on the weight. In the lightest bracket, Finmeresco is very similar to the lightest Fresco, but more flexible and-- in trousers-- more able to hold a crease while shedding wrinkles.

The 12oz stuff is more porous than Crispaire and very much more flexible than the midweight Fresco. Some actually prefer Fresco for that reason-- your tastes may vary.

I find that the finemeresco has a much smoother hand than the minnis. The Minnis is a bit courser in texture. I am having a Minnis fresco in the lightest weight made up right now and I was deciding between the two. They are very similar, but I liked the Minnis shade of navy better and I generally like rougher fabrics to smooth so it was a no brainer for me.
post #10437 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I find that the finemeresco has a much smoother hand than the minnis. The Minnis is a bit courser in texture. I am having a Minnis fresco in the lightest weight made up right now and I was deciding between the two. They are very similar, but I liked the Minnis shade of navy better and I generally like rougher fabrics to smooth so it was a no brainer for me.

 

I haven't felt the Minnis fresco before, but the finmeresco doesn't feel very different in terms of smoothness compared to the hlesser 8/9 oz.

post #10438 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinjango View Post

I haven't felt the Minnis fresco before, but the finmeresco doesn't feel very different in terms of smoothness compared to the hlesser 8/9 oz.
Your feeling above has already told us the difference in touch between fresco and finmeresco. biggrin.gif
IMO, Fresco is much coarser than lesser 8/9 oz.
Edited by aton - 6/10/14 at 8:24pm
post #10439 of 12536
Unfunded jacketings. Keeping all.

Minnis Alsport 2423
Abraham Moon PS370/2002/16 in chocolate Been getting a lot of request for US sales reps on the Moon herringbone since it's only $16/meter -- click the spoiler for a sales contact: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
jesse A T amalfifabrics dot com

r8h8c0.jpg


Lovat Teviot 986
London Lounge x Lovat brown herringbone shetland - not stock supported

wwl0e0.jpg
post #10440 of 12536
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread