or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › official Valentines Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

official Valentines Day thread - Page 2

post #16 of 52
Cupid is Stupid.
post #17 of 52
I don't do Valentine's day.

JB
post #18 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattan-sales View Post
Like the thread says.... Just wanted to hear what all you romantics are going to be doing. Hoping to steal some ideas. For me as of now all I have planned is dinner at either Bouley, Megu or Nobu. Still havent found the gift (thinking of maybe a handbag). I would love to do something special but am running out of ideas. Its our third valentines day together and its quite hard to still find something super exciting to do for her. All inputs are appreciated
I had reservations at NoMi, a gift certificate to a day spa, and a naughty book. But she just broke up with me, so I get to keep the naughty book, spend no money on dinner, and try to figure out what to do with the spa gift certificate.
post #19 of 52
Go to the spa yourself, gvibes. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Either that or save it for another girl who comes along provided there isn't some kind of expiration date or whatever.

JB
post #20 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Go to the spa yourself, gvibes. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Either that or save it for another girl who comes along provided there isn't some kind of expiration date or whatever.

JB
I probably will. They offer some cool-sounding yoga classes too.

I think there's a "To [ex-GF's name], with love" message on the GC, so I don't think another girl would approve
post #21 of 52
Two words- White Out
post #22 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvibes View Post
I had reservations at NoMi, a gift certificate to a day spa, and a naughty book. But she just broke up with me, so I get to keep the naughty book, spend no money on dinner, and try to figure out what to do with the spa gift certificate.

Send it to me, buddy! My gf and I will be in Chicago the weekend after Vday lol
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAI View Post
maybe ice skating? any opinions?

I think this sounds like a great idea. I may steal it. My wife hasn't been skating in a long time and just mentioned it. I haven't been since about seventh grade, so she'll get a laugh out of watching me attempt to skate.

Otherwise, I'm buying her a bike. Ah romance is in the air...


b
post #24 of 52
like birthdays, thanksgiving and other holidays, in my household valentines day is not celebrated on schedule - we will do something the following weekend. I was actually not supposed to be home for valentines day, but now I will be, just for the reasons listed above I don't want to go out that night.
post #25 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Send it to me, buddy! My gf and I will be in Chicago the weekend after Vday lol

How's Conne getting to Chicago?
post #26 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
How's Conne getting to Chicago?

Not sure. I'd offer to buy his plane ticket but I fear he may not actually make it to the airport..
post #27 of 52
Quote:
I fear he may not actually come.
There are so many different ways this could be taken.

JB
post #28 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
There are so many different ways this could be taken.

JB

Fixed, thanks!
post #29 of 52
Cooking her a nice dinner next weekend...
post #30 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvibes View Post
I probably will. They offer some cool-sounding yoga classes too. I think there's a "To [ex-GF's name], with love" message on the GC, so I don't think another girl would approve
The spa should give you no hassle about getting a fresh gift certificate. I think this is the first time I've ever ordered flowers a good two weeks in advance. Pretty proud of myself. I'll be cooking for her at home -- just not into the whole cliche VDay restaurant thing surrounded by young couples making schmoopy-faces at each other. That weekend, I'm taking her to see Macbeth with Patrick Stewart, so we can better appreciate the kinds of bold initiatives committed couples can take on as a team!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › official Valentines Day thread