or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › official Valentines Day thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

official Valentines Day thread

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
Like the thread says.... Just wanted to hear what all you romantics are going to be doing. Hoping to steal some ideas. For me as of now all I have planned is dinner at either Bouley, Megu or Nobu. Still havent found the gift (thinking of maybe a handbag). I would love to do something special but am running out of ideas. Its our third valentines day together and its quite hard to still find something super exciting to do for her. All inputs are appreciated
post #2 of 52
Do Bouley or Danube (where I went last year) not Megu or Nobu...those aren't romantic.

I think we're just going to go to P*Ong because I've been wanting to try for a while and they are having a 10 plate tasting for $95.
post #3 of 52
Taser gun check. Duct tape check.
post #4 of 52
Valentine's Day is also my wife's birthday, so we're doing a birthday party. The evening after (Friday night), we having three other couples over to the house for dinner.

I've hired a Peruvian woman to cater in dinner. We're still working out the menu, but it will be various Peruvian dishes. We'll be serving Pisco Sours as a cocktail before dinner. Main course will be a cabrito with cilantro and a side dish based on yuca (cassava). Serving South American wines. Still working on that, but I'm currently trying out a few Malbecs to serve with the cabrito.

She brought a couple of desserts around for me to try and I selected one reminded me of a lemon flavored tiramisu.

Anyway. Looking forward to it.
post #5 of 52
I'll be alone, with an assortment of ice creams, and the Sex and the City dvds.

post #6 of 52
Anal lube.
post #7 of 52
Restaurants are so busy it isn't worth it and every place is probably booked by now. My place is so small I don't even own a table. I'm thinking about asking someone out randomly on the street, though where to take them. uhh...
post #8 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo View Post
Anal lube.

you romantic you!
post #9 of 52
LOL at some pretty funny comments. like the taser and anal lube? lol i wish i was a romantic. it's going to be my girlfriend and i's second valentine's together. Dinner and a movie just seems so typical maybe ice skating? any opinions?
post #10 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAI View Post
LOL at some pretty funny comments. like the taser and anal lube? lol i wish i was a romantic. it's going to be my girlfriend and i's second valentine's together. Dinner and a movie just seems so typical maybe ice skating? any opinions?

Ice skating is good.

I also recommend going to the airport with a dollar bill attached to a fishing line. When people try to pick it up off the ground, pull it away. Women love that.
post #11 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattan-sales View Post
Like the thread says.... Just wanted to hear what all you romantics are going to be doing. Hoping to steal some ideas. For me as of now all I have planned is dinner at either Bouley, Megu or Nobu. Still havent found the gift (thinking of maybe a handbag). I would love to do something special but am running out of ideas. Its our third valentines day together and its quite hard to still find something super exciting to do for her. All inputs are appreciated

Valentine's (Hallmark) Day is amateur night in NYC. They charge you way to much for no where near the quality that is expected. No "real" chef works that night as they know people will like whatever slosh is served on their plate as long as the customer can say they ate at bla..bla.blah. Do yourself a favor and book dinner for two days later, you will thank me.
post #12 of 52
Some of the comments above had me cracking up. From all of the choices you mention I would go with Bouley as someone else mentioned. I am a fan of Megu but I had a look at their valentines day menu and its not that great at least for my taste. I am actually planning to do something different this year. Me and the lady always go out to eat and there really isn't a place in the city we havent eaten at before, not trying to sound like a snoob. I want to do something special but I really have no idea of what to do. I do feel like the food is not of the same quality but then again I don't want to hurt her feelings and not do the whole going out thing. Someone from ny help me out. Hopefully a nice expensive gift will make up for a bad planned evening. But seriously anyone advice hereas well.
post #13 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison avenue View Post
Some of the comments above had me cracking up. From all of the choices you mention I would go with Bouley as someone else mentioned. I am a fan of Megu but I had a look at their valentines day menu and its not that great at least for my taste. I am actually planning to do something different this year. Me and the lady always go out to eat and there really isn't a place in the city we havent eaten at before, not trying to sound like a snoob. I want to do something special but I really have no idea of what to do. I do feel like the food is not of the same quality but then again I don't want to hurt her feelings and not do the whole going out thing. Someone from ny help me out. Hopefully a nice expensive gift will make up for a bad planned evening. But seriously anyone advice hereas well.

make her dinner
post #14 of 52
Lots of tiny violins playing here - here's mine:
post #15 of 52
Welll every place that I would allow to cook for me in NYC is offically booked so if anyone here owns manages or can just somehow get me a reservation somewhere good please help out. This is what I get for waitng till the last minute
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › official Valentines Day thread